Reload this Page >

Want to Move to Kolkata

Want to Move to Kolkata

Old Jul 13th 2014, 10:30 am
Just Joined

kingrulzuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Want to Move to Kolkata

Hiya all im new to the site. Plz go easy on me

I’m a British and Portuguese citizen who also holds OCI.

I was born in goa but very young age all my family moved to Portugal then to UK.
My GF is from Kolkata and we will get married at the start of next year.
Her parents are old and has their own 15 flats building in the city which they rent out and now they want us to look after it.
I have been in UK for last 15 years and before that was in Portugal.

What visa do I need to move to India? Will my OCI card gives me long stay?

Anything else should I know about?

Thank you
Maven
Old Jul 13th 2014, 1:08 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want to Move to Kolkata

Just to say Welcome to the forum sounds like quite an adventure. I'm not based in India so cannot help you at all but, hopefully, someone in India will be able to advise.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 2:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want to Move to Kolkata

Originally Posted by kingrulzuk
Hiya all im new to the site. Plz go easy on me

I’m a British and Portuguese citizen who also holds OCI.

I was born in goa but very young age all my family moved to Portugal then to UK.
My GF is from Kolkata and we will get married at the start of next year.
Her parents are old and has their own 15 flats building in the city which they rent out and now they want us to look after it.
I have been in UK for last 15 years and before that was in Portugal.

What visa do I need to move to India? Will my OCI card gives me long stay?

Anything else should I know about?

Thank you
Maven
You already have a lifelong visa if you have an OCI card, but if you have renewed your passport (I presume British) you will need to have the OCI visa transferred to the new passport and the new passport number put in the OCI card.

You can stay in India as long as you want, I think the only restriction as a foreigner with OCI is that you cannot purchase agricultural land.

https://www.hcilondon.in/oci.html#ii

(The information about renewal in the above link is in the 'miscellaneous OCI Services', not the 'clarification/info' section as stated!!!)