Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Transferring money abroad

Transferring money abroad

Old Nov 3rd 2011, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

Kaykaru is just really niceKaykaru is just really niceKaykaru is just really niceKaykaru is just really niceKaykaru is just really niceKaykaru is just really niceKaykaru is just really niceKaykaru is just really nice
Default Transferring money abroad

Hi all,

Could somebody advise as to what would be the bet way to transfer funds out form India to the UK. Actually I got married in India 15 years ago and have been living here ever since. Now I have some money in the form of cheques from a property sale and sale of gold (I have proof of this) and also money in my Indian bank account.

I am a British citizen and have a UK current bank account. The money is being transferred to buy a house in the UK so that my husband, I and our two kids can live there in the future.

Does anybody know of the tax implications in the UK once the money is transferred and what is the best way to send this money.

I would appreciate any help.

Regards

KK
Old Nov 4th 2011, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transferring money abroad

Originally Posted by Kaykaru
Hi all,

Could somebody advise as to what would be the bet way to transfer funds out form India to the UK. Actually I got married in India 15 years ago and have been living here ever since. Now I have some money in the form of cheques from a property sale and sale of gold (I have proof of this) and also money in my Indian bank account.

I am a British citizen and have a UK current bank account. The money is being transferred to buy a house in the UK so that my husband, I and our two kids can live there in the future.

Does anybody know of the tax implications in the UK once the money is transferred and what is the best way to send this money.

I would appreciate any help.

Regards

KK
Hello KK
Unable to help as we have not transferred any large amounts of money either way. (Married Indian husband in UK).
I think if you put your post again on the Goa part of this site there will be some who have had experience of transferring money to UK and will give you advice.
I don't think that many expats in Goa who put posts, read this new India section, sadly, so will not have seen your post.
Where in India are you based?