Reload this Page >

Tourist or business visa?

Tourist or business visa?

Old Apr 12th 2012, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

IloveNYC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tourist or business visa?

Hi all

I'm going to India for work for 14 days May/June (Delhi - worst time fo the year to go I hear you saying). Should I go for a tourist visa or a business?

As a UK passport holder, do I need to apply in London or can I do it from the US.

Any help really appreciated.

Best
John
Old Apr 13th 2012, 6:06 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tourist or business visa?

Hi John

Welcome to BE and the India forum.

If you are going there to work you must get a business visa as you cannot work or do anything business related on a tourist visa.
My advice would be to contact the Indian Commission in the USA and they will be able to advise on whether you can pbtain the visa in the USA or will have to go through the VFS in the UK (which you can do by mail). It may be that if you are going there for work related to a US company you can obtain the visa from the US.

Delhi will certainly be very hot at that time of year and extremely humid so here are a couple of tips for you :

- Protect against mosqito bites - Malaria is absolutely rife in India. You can buy malaria tablets there at a fraction of the price in the US or UK and a product sold in India called ODOMOS is an excellent repellant against mosquito bites.
- Be careful what you eat - Delhi belly is also rife
- Apart from in Goa alcohol is extirtionately priced so if you have a favourite tipple buy some in duty free before you leave the US
- Use rehydration sachets to avoid dehydration - I put a couple of sachets in a bottle of water which seems to work for me

Finally have a nice trip

Dread - x