Reload this Page >

Working in India and renting an office

Working in India and renting an office

Old Jul 28th 2012, 11:58 am
Just Joined

onlineITguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working in India and renting an office

Hi,

I have been working remotely with India for several years by hiring people through online freelancer boards. I am looking to leave the UK for a cheaper cost of living for a year and thought it would be ideal to go to India where I can work with people face to face and hopefully improve my business.

I don't have any experience of the Indian legal system although I am familiar with setting up a company in the Philippines which was difficult and expensive.

I have a uk company that takes the money generated in sales. While I am in India I would like to rent a small office somewhere and hire a few administrators and technical staff, no more than 3 or 4.

I am not looking to dodge tax. I would quite happily pay all of them through the same freelancer site I use already and pay my tax in the uk but my experience in Philippines was that this was not easily possible as offices all wanted proof of my company and tax status before they would rent to me.

In all honesty I setup an under the radar operation in the Philippines using private rented accommodation as office space as the laws there were so restrictive it seemed that everyone was doing the same thing unless they had a few hundred grand to throw around.

Can anyone give me some guidance on what the best way for me to go over to india and set up a small operation with the minimum fuss and risk?

Also when the 6 month business visa expires how would I go about renewing it? Would I have to come back to the uk for a period of time?

Many thanks