Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Scarlet Keeling and the truth of what occured in Anjuna.

Scarlet Keeling and the truth of what occured in Anjuna.

Old Jul 18th 2019, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Scarlet Keeling and the truth of what occured in Anjuna.

I was in Goa, living in Candolim at the time this occurred. I spoke to some of the people who were near Curlies that night and i spoke to the two bikers who dropped Scarlet Keeling off behind Curlies.They told me that they had found her staggering along the road from Starkoes Corner to the football field completely off her head <snipped > They took pity on her as they had met her before in Chapora & Vagator. They took he to the car park behind Curlies and dropped her off. She staggered a few yards and fell over. The path from the car park to Curlies was very hard to navigate during the day never mind at night.It lead across a gully strewn with garbage and there was no light..completely dark..What occured in the cafe/bar when she finally arrived i have no idea.It waas around 1.30 or 2 am in the morning.You first have to ask yourself what was a 15 year old girl doing wandering around the indian countryside at that time out of her head < snipped> and her mother was partying in Gokarn over a 100 kilometers away with a new boyfriend ! First of all < snipped >.Secondly the beach at the front of Curlies is dangerous in the extreme. 2 metres in and it drops to 4 metres with a rip current.I know Samson D,Souza, know the family and he is no murderer.She wasn't murdered. I think it yes there was sex but with whom ?There was no DNA taken to positively identify who was the culprit. Did she pop down to urinate at the waters edge and fall back wards in ? We will never know but what i do feel is that Samson is the subject of a kangaroo court and there has been a giant miscarriage of justice here.

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 18th 2019 at 11:00 pm. Reason: Let's not also hold a kangaroo court on this dead 15 yr old. Thanks
Old Jul 18th 2019, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scarlet Keeling and the truth of what occured in Anjuna.

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
I was in Goa, living in Candolim at the time this occurred. I spoke to some of the people who were near Curlies that night and i spoke to the two bikers who dropped Scarlet Keeling off behind Curlies.They told me that they had found her staggering along the road from Starkoes Corner to the football field completely off her head < snipped >.They took pity on her as they had met her before in Chapora & Vagator. They took he to the car park behind Curlies and dropped her off. She staggered a few yards and fell over. The path from the car park to Curlies was very hard to navigate during the day never mind at night.It lead across a gully strewn with garbage and there was no light..completely dark..What occured in the cafe/bar when she finally arrived i have no idea.It waas around 1.30 or 2 am in the morning.You first have to ask yourself what was a 15 year old girl doing wandering around the indian countryside at that time off her head < snipped >and her mother was partying in Gokarn over a 100 kilometers away with a new boyfriend ! <snipped> .Secondly the beach at the front of Curlies is dangerous in the extreme. 2 metres in and it drops to 4 metres with a rip current.I know Samson D,Souza, know the family and he is no murderer.She wasn't murdered. I think it yes there was sex but with whom ?There was no DNA taken to positively identify who was the culprit. Did she pop down to urinate at the waters edge and fall back wards in ? We will never know but what i do feel is that Samson is the subject of a kangaroo court and there has been a giant miscarriage of justice here.
Yes, I remember this case in detail. An attempt to charge her mother with child neglect was made but 'dropped'.
I am sure she was followed up by social services in the UK as regards her other children.

The initial case was heard at the lower court which ruled insufficient evidence. The continual complaints and questions regarding the case by her mother and other publicity in UK led to the CBI investigating and appealing the case to the Mumbai High Court.
A verdict of Culpable Homicide means that D'Souza 'left her to die' on the beach. It is not murder.
He can appeal to the Supreme Court (will probably wait to see what the sentence is!)

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 18th 2019 at 11:07 pm. Reason: quote snipped
Old Jul 18th 2019, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scarlet Keeling and the truth of what occured in Anjuna.

The mother was prosecuted in the UK for Benefit Fraud because she accepted money from Richard Branson (£10,000) and did not declare it.She financed the trip from her benefits and also claimed them while in India.She was never prosecuted for Child Neglect in the Uk. This is the norm in the UK and i must say the USA are more advanced than we are when it comes to child protection.In the UK we are miles behind them.All the knife crime in London, over 60 murders since Christmas, not one single mother or father has been prosecuted for neglect by allowing their children to be on the streets unsupervised......People say they have suffered enough but if more parents were dragged into the dock, perhaps they would have second thoughts about where their children are and who are they with and more importantly what are they upto .Unfortunately this Tory government does not care because most of the victims are black and of African or Afro-Caribbean descent.If it was middle class white kids who were being murdered it would soon be a thing of the past.Samson can appeal and the case will drag on and on meanwhile he has a wife and the last time i heard anything he had 2 kids.The family is large and he has plenty of friends & family so they will rally round and sort this out.