Mumbai life

Old Dec 26th 2012, 11:09 am
Just Joined

bridge1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mumbai life

hi i moving to mumbai end of march any advice? i was thinking of getting an apartment with a pool as there more sociable to meet people there. also where good to go in goa? as thinking of going there end of april
Old Dec 26th 2012, 2:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridge1234
hi i moving to mumbai end of march any advice? i was thinking of getting an apartment with a pool as there more sociable to meet people there. also where good to go in goa? as thinking of going there end of april
Mumbai is a large city, it depends entirely on the area that you want to stay. Fort area, Malabar Hill and similar areas will be very expensive for apartments with a pool. The suburbs will be less expensive but obviously further from central areas.
Goa weather end of April much same as Mumbai, hot and humid but rain will start earlier some at end May.
North Goa and South Goa quite different look at Goa site and decide which suits.
Old Dec 26th 2012, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Hi and thanks for your reply. I guess I have to keep looking. I have heard Arjuna has a lot of Brits living there is that correct ? I was also thinking of margao maybe there is more in margao ?
For Mumbai I was thinking near bandra or juhu but there don' t seem to be many complex with a pool
Old Dec 30th 2012, 11:08 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and thanks for your reply. I guess I have to keep looking. I have heard Arjuna has a lot of Brits living there is that correct ? I was also thinking of margao maybe there is more in margao ?
For Mumbai I was thinking near bandra or juhu but there don' t seem to be many complex with a pool
Hi there Bridge

Just noticed you are new to the site so welcome to BE and the Indian forum.

As you are looking to travel to Goa you may want to check out the Goa forum as there are plenty of threads on things like good places to eat (and more importantly places NOT to eat at !! )

Anjuna is North Goa, and close to another couple of places called Calangute and Candolim. These are busy resorts where a lot of Brits go, but these days are also very heavily populated with Russians during tourist season.
Margao is the main town of South Goa, which at the moment is quieter than North Goa. If it is beaches you want I would look at places like Palolem, Varca, Colva and coastal places in South Goa as opposed to Margao.
If you want mega quiet try Agonda.

Dread - x
Old Jan 1st 2013, 8:33 am
Just Joined

dabby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lost_In_Mumbai
Hi there,

I just moved to Mumbai from London, so anyone wants any advice or wants to give me some, very welcome!

Anyone else round Mumbai?
hy there,

i have just joined this site..myself from London too.but finally settled in Mumbai...where are you residing here..we can catch up for a cuppa
Old Jan 1st 2013, 8:36 am
Just Joined

hello bridge..nice to reply you..its a great idea to live in bandra or juhu ..however its quite expensive there.. i work as a free lancer in these areas so i might come handy to help you get a good apartment..you can write to me
Old Jan 1st 2013, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Hello I am not in Mumbai until march up would then like to meet up for coffee where are you from ? thanks dreed for all the information I think I try Anjuna or the place that starts cal in the north maybe that would be what I am looking for thanks
Old Jan 1st 2013, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Thanks that's great I write down your email I might need accommodation. On Mumbai at the moment I am looking at the Marriott lakeside apartments but I think they are going to be too expensive just waiting to here back from them. I think I will be in Mumbai 6 weeks maybe longer then go to goa as its cheaper to stay there
Old Jan 1st 2013, 3:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks that's great I write down your email I might need accommodation. On Mumbai at the moment I am looking at the Marriott lakeside apartments but I think they are going to be too expensive just waiting to here back from them. I think I will be in Mumbai 6 weeks maybe longer then go to goa as its cheaper to stay there
Bridge I suspect you need to do quite a lot of research yourself.
Powai lake area is a suburb, and about 17-20 miles from Fort area for inst. Travel in Mumbai can take a long time during the day as very heavy traffic. The local trains could be frightening for stranger.
As Dread has said put a post on the Goa-side for info. regarding there, plenty of people will reply.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lost_In_Mumbai
HI there, I'm in wealthy Bandra West actually, met lots of expats here already. What is there in the way of weekend trips away? Can't find anything about sight seeing in and around Mumbai for short trips.
hy therer,, glad to know that you have moved and living in Mumbai..i do understand Mumbai is a busy city and there arent much places to visit..though you living in a very good area where i reside too and there are some good eating Restaurants and shopping area for you to hang out...but to have a good peaceful outing..i do visit South Mumbai during weekends ...so may be you we can catchup soon sometime...tc
Old Jan 6th 2013, 9:00 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

Lakeside apartments are lovely if you work is in the north of the City it would be a great place to stay
Old Jan 7th 2013, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pennylessinindia
Lakeside apartments are lovely if you work is in the north of the City it would be a great place to stay
... and six weeks rent will cost you more than you'd pay to buy somewhere in many parts of India!

AndyD 8-)