Mumbai life

Old Dec 7th 2011, 9:28 am
Just Joined

Lost_In_Mumbai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mumbai life

Hi there,

I just moved to Mumbai from London, so anyone wants any advice or wants to give me some, very welcome!

Anyone else round Mumbai?
Old Dec 7th 2011, 11:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mumbai life

Originally Posted by Lost_In_Mumbai
Hi there,

I just moved to Mumbai from London, so anyone wants any advice or wants to give me some, very welcome!

Hello, great to have a new member on the India Forum.
Where in Mumbai are you staying? We generally stay in the Chembur/Ghatkopar area.
When in India we are mostly in Goa/Karwar area but visit and stay in Mumbai frequently as numerous relatives living there. So know it quite well for general advice (but no expat contacts).
B.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 11:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bipat
Hello, great to have a new member on the India Forum.
Where in Mumbai are you staying? We generally stay in the Chembur/Ghatkopar area.
When in India we are mostly in Goa/Karwar area but visit and stay in Mumbai frequently as numerous relatives living there. So know it quite well for general advice (but no expat contacts).
B.
HI there, I'm in wealthy Bandra West actually, met lots of expats here already. What is there in the way of weekend trips away? Can't find anything about sight seeing in and around Mumbai for short trips.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 11:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

HI there, I'm in wealthy Bandra West actually, met lots of expats here already. What is there in the way of weekend trips away? Can't find anything about sight seeing in and around Mumbai for short trips.
It depends how you want to travel, if by car or train Lonavala is a nice hill station (half-way to Pune).
Aurangabad is overnight train. Or there are the Elephanta, or Ellora caves.
By air; Goa is a quick flight.
Will have a think for some more ideas.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

It depends how you want to travel, if by car or train Lonavala is a nice hill station (half-way to Pune).
Might be going to Lonavala this weekend actually, and saw the Elephanta Caves, bit disappointing to be honest.

Went to Goa a couple of weeks back loved it, so will definitely be going back! Where do you live now?
Old Dec 7th 2011, 2:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Might be going to Lonavala this weekend actually, and saw the Elephanta Caves, bit disappointing to be honest.

Went to Goa a couple of weeks back loved it, so will definitely be going back! Where do you live now?
We live in UK but Indian OH has family place in India and relatives spread around, so usually spend varying times there twice a year. Usually have some time in Mumbai each visit.
Where in Goa did you stay?
Old Dec 8th 2011, 6:22 am
Just Joined

We live in UK but Indian OH has family place in India and relatives spread around, so usually spend varying times there twice a year. Usually have some time in Mumbai each visit.
Where in Goa did you stay?
Stayed in Baga, usual tourist haunt!
Old Dec 14th 2011, 10:09 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lost in Mumbai

Just noticed you are quite a new member so wanted to say welcome to BE and the India forum.

Glad to hear you enjoyed Goa and you're finding your way around things to do in Mumbai. The great thing about India is you can get relativly cheap flights to many different places so I would advise doing some research and see what takes your fancy. The Kashmir lakes are beautiful and will make a lovely relaxing weekend away. Kerala is lovely too. That said there are so many places of beauty you're spoilt for choice.
There is also aa Goa forum so pop on over and say hi next time you're planning a trip there.

All the best

Dread - x
Old Dec 16th 2011, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

romz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

If you're new to Mumbai, there's a lot of info to pass on, are you looking to spend some time hanging around the city? I'm a Bombay-ite, would love to catch up! Message me.

Romz
Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Lost in Mumbai

Just noticed you are quite a new member so wanted to say welcome to BE and the India forum.

Glad to hear you enjoyed Goa and you're finding your way around things to do in Mumbai. The great thing about India is you can get relativly cheap flights to many different places so I would advise doing some research and see what takes your fancy. The Kashmir lakes are beautiful and will make a lovely relaxing weekend away. Kerala is lovely too. That said there are so many places of beauty you're spoilt for choice.
There is also aa Goa forum so pop on over and say hi next time you're planning a trip there.

All the best

Dread - x
Old Dec 29th 2011, 5:53 am
Banned

schumannrober is an unknown quantity at this point

Mumbai life would completely change from London life, which part of Mumbai you are shifting.
Old Dec 30th 2011, 4:52 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Romz and Schumannrober

I see you are both also new members so welcome to BE both of you.

Nice to see you both popping in and wanting to welcome the new guys to Mumbai.
Romz - lost in Mumbai will not be able to send you a message as you will need to make 3 posts on BE before you can use the private messaging service on the forums.

Hope you both enjoy your time on here -we certainly need people from Mumbai and ditrict posting on here as there are a lot of expats living in and around there.

Dread - x
Old Dec 31st 2011, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

GaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud of

Hi there,

Hello there!

I'll be moving to Mumbai from London at the end of February and have just started looking for resources for UK expats there. I'll be able to get a work visa to India through my wife's job but am not sure where to start looking for tips on employment. I wondered if you had ideas on this? Also, are there regular UK expat meetups in Mumbai?
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 9:01 pm

Hi Gary

Welcome to the India forum of BE.
This is a pretty recent forum as mostly focus has been on the Goa forum due to member numbers.
However I have noticed that more and more folks are starting to pop in who are living in or moving to Mumbai.
Guys - perhaps you can be our BE pioneers and start some meet ups between fellow expats in Mumbai ? It could be the start of something fabulous

Dread - x
Old Jan 4th 2012, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
However I have noticed that more and more folks are starting to pop in who are living in or moving to Mumbai....
Dread - x
I posted some Mumbai comments a while ago on #20 here

AndyD 8-)#
Old Jan 26th 2012, 4:33 am
Just Joined

expat.frndly.indian is an unknown quantity at this point

Karjat 3 hours drive away from Mumbai.or 3 hour train ride in a local...nice place to hangout..i know some nice cheap resorts there as well as good places to hangout...

if you are a beach lover..try vasai dahanu or poisar2 hrs train ride from mumbai..
i can suggest you a few more getaways ,depending on your likes..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.