Moving to india

Old Feb 22nd 2013, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

Loli11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to india

Hi everyone,

I wonder if anyone can help. I'm british and my husband is nepalese. He has lived in india since he was a child, attended school there and is an indian citizen. We got married last year in maharastra and i moved back to england without him to start the spouse visa application. He's recently applied for the visa and now we're playing the waiting game. In the meantime, just incase my husbands visa gets rejected, i'm looking into moving to live permenantly in india. I would be grateful if anyonecould give me some advice on this as my husband isn't indian i'm not sure if i'm eligible to live there as a spouse of a nepali person. I'd like to know the process in movin to india anx being able to work there and fly back and forth to england as i like.

Thanks,
Loli11 xxxx
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 6:56 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to india

Hi Loli. Just to say a warm to the forum. I'm sure some of the India team on here will be along to advise you soon. Happy planning
Old Feb 24th 2013, 7:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loli11
Hi everyone,

I wonder if anyone can help. I'm british and my husband is nepalese. He has lived in india since he was a child, attended school there and is an indian citizen. We got married last year in maharastra and i moved back to england without him to start the spouse visa application. He's recently applied for the visa and now we're playing the waiting game. In the meantime, just incase my husbands visa gets rejected, i'm looking into moving to live permenantly in india. I would be grateful if anyonecould give me some advice on this as my husband isn't indian i'm not sure if i'm eligible to live there as a spouse of a nepali person. I'd like to know the process in movin to india anx being able to work there and fly back and forth to england as i like.

Thanks,
Loli11 xxxx
Hello Loli. If your husband is an Indian citizen and planning to come to the UK I assume he has an Indian passport. In which case you are eligible for a long term entry X visa (5 year) you can fly back and forth when you like.
After you have been married at least 1 year (although this can vary) you can apply for a PIO card.
As regards work; you cannot work on the entry visa but can with a PIO card. (I think this is correct, maybe others can confirm).
It might be worth putting your question on the IndiaMike Forum visa section as I have no experience of any problems which might arise from your husband's Nepalese origins.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 7:59 am
Just Joined

Loli11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bipat
Hello Loli. If your husband is an Indian citizen and planning to come to the UK I assume he has an Indian passport. In which case you are eligible for a long term entry X visa (5 year) you can fly back and forth when you like.
After you have been married at least 1 year (although this can vary) you can apply for a PIO card.
As regards work; you cannot work on the entry visa but can with a PIO card. (I think this is correct, maybe others can confirm).
It might be worth putting your question on the IndiaMike Forum visa section as I have no experience of any problems which might arise from your husband's Nepalese origins.
Thank you for replying. My husband has possibly made things more complicated as he decided to get a Nepalese passport and not an India one. Anyway, I will go to the IndiaMike section and see what's what.

Thank you again!
Old Mar 1st 2013, 9:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

You say that he is an Indian citizen. Did he lose that citizenship by taking out a Nepali passport ?
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 9:40 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

Nepalese citizens can live in India visa free so not a problem for him
You would just apply for X visa.