Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Marriage Annullment help required

Marriage Annullment help required

Old Mar 24th 2015, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

tetley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marriage Annullment help required

so I got married in India, didn't work from the start, need to annul the marriage on voidable grounds, one of the things I require is a marriage certificate how would I go about getting this? I believe it was done in Moga, but think we got paperwork stamped in Jalandar
Old Mar 25th 2015, 5:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage Annullment help required

You are not sure where you got married ?
Old Mar 25th 2015, 5:06 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
You are not sure where you got married ?
He already has a thread open with the same question.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...t-help-855092/
Old Mar 26th 2015, 7:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
He already has a thread open with the same question.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...t-help-855092/
Yes, but I doubt many India-based posters will see that. Hopefully someone more local will be able to help with the nuts and bolts of getting the certificate.
Old Mar 26th 2015, 7:08 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tetley
so I got married in India, didn't work from the start, need to annul the marriage on voidable grounds, one of the things I require is a marriage certificate how would I go about getting this? I believe it was done in Moga, but think we got paperwork stamped in Jalandar
So the actual marriage was in Moga but the paperwork had to be filed in Jalandar, is that right?
Old Mar 26th 2015, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

yes that is correct, so she entered the UK in 2012 and done a runner from the house in late 2014, and now I just want to Annul the marriage and do have grounds for that
Old Mar 26th 2015, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

also can I still Annul the marriage after a few weeks over the 3 years?
obviously taking into mind when she entered the country etc?
Old Mar 26th 2015, 10:15 pm
Home and Happy

also can I still Annul the marriage after a few weeks over the 3 years?
obviously taking into mind when she entered the country etc?
Where are you filing for the annulment? You should be asking those questions of a lawyer in that country I would think, You are getting a bit too involved for a layperson's forum now.
Old Mar 27th 2015, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Filing in the UK

sorry btw
Old Mar 27th 2015, 1:37 pm
Home and Happy

Filing in the UK

sorry btw
Nothing to be sorry for. You seem to be in a difficult position. I do womder though if you might be best getting a lawyer in the UK to look into the case, and before engaging them ask around for one with good experience in annulments.
Would it not be easier to get the marriage cert and then simply go for divorce?
Old Mar 27th 2015, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

yeah finding a good solicitor to help with annulments is hard work, or they charge extortionate fees, it might be easier doing a divorce, but if you have never had a relation with the OH wouldn't it be better just to void it as never happening.
I feel really hard done by, one she done a run for it once visa was coming to the end, and 2 took all the gold in the house, including parents wedding jewellery

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Nothing to be sorry for. You seem to be in a difficult position. I do womder though if you might be best getting a lawyer in the UK to look into the case, and before engaging them ask around for one with good experience in annulments.
Would it not be easier to get the marriage cert and then simply go for divorce?
Old Mar 31st 2015, 5:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Go and see a lawyer.