India and the Wars

Old Feb 5th 2019, 4:21 am
  #121  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 20,747
Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: India and the Wars

Originally Posted by EMR
More bollocks from you.
No surprise considering just how silly you have been made to look today..
Why Bollocks?-----North Kanara doesn't exist. (You have a short memory for your own posts.)!

You know how to get clothes dry in the monsoon weeks. Tell me how! Tell me how to walk along pavements/roads. (Actually you take a stick)!

Mumbai never has floods, apartment buildings never collapse!

You have been to Kerela!!!! Where is it?
I only know the Kerala we have frequently visited.

In what way "silly" EMR.
Could it be that a person who has spent 3 weeks as a tourist and claims to know everything about everything in 29 States is the "silly"!!!!!??






Bipat is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2019, 4:51 am
  #122  
EMR
Banned
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 26,724
EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: India and the Wars

Originally Posted by Bipat
Why Bollocks?-----North Kanara doesn't exist. (You have a short memory for your own posts.)!

You know how to get clothes dry in the monsoon weeks. Tell me how! Tell me how to walk along pavements/roads. (Actually you take a stick)!

Mumbai never has floods, apartment buildings never collapse!

You have been to Kerela!!!! Where is it?
I only know the Kerala we have frequently visited.

In what way "silly" EMR.
Could it be that a person who has spent 3 weeks as a tourist and claims to know everything about everything in 29 States is the "silly"!!!!!??
Silly, your posts continue to define that word.
OF course seeing first hand the effects of poor monsoons and floods due to excessive monsoons does not qualify me or any of the tens and tens of of millions affected from commenting because it contradicts Bipat point of view..
But then Bipat doez s not live in one of the 100s of villages affected, Bipatat does not have fields that should be full of rice plants still underwater.
Does not have fields which should be producing two crops year struggling to produce 1 due to lack of water.,
Bipat is not receiving government relief because of the collapse in farming income.
Bipat does not live in a village with fresh water only on for a few hours day with the inhabitants reverting to use old wells previously capped and abandoned..
Because Bipat does not have these problems in Bipat world they do not exist.,.
No doubt Bipat thinks the bill the central government has sent the state government of Kerela for the use of military aircraft and helicopters in the flood relief and rescue operations is justified because the Kerelan state government is anti BJP. .
Yet Bipat has the nerve to criticise British India and its failure to support those in need..
EMR is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2019, 5:28 am
  #123  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 20,747
Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: India and the Wars

Originally Posted by EMR
Silly, your posts continue to define that word.
OF course seeing first hand the effects of poor monsoons and floods due to excessive monsoons does not qualify me or any of the tens and tens of of millions affected from commenting because it contradicts Bipat point of view..
But then Bipat doez s not live in one of the 100s of villages affected, Bipatat does not have fields that should be full of rice plants still underwater.
Does not have fields which should be producing two crops year struggling to produce 1 due to lack of water.,
Bipat is not receiving government relief because of the collapse in farming income.
Bipat does not live in a village with fresh water only on for a few hours day with the inhabitants reverting to use old wells previously capped and abandoned..
Because Bipat does not have these problems in Bipat world they do not exist.,.
No doubt Bipat thinks the bill the central government has sent the state government of Kerela for the use of military aircraft and helicopters in the flood relief and rescue operations is justified because the Kerelan state government is anti BJP. .
Yet Bipat has the nerve to criticise British India and its failure to support those in need..

What the hell do you think I have been seeing for the last 50 years!! ????

So those in Mumbai losing their homes or lives when apartment blocks come down, doesn't matter to you??
(Some old built by the British)

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2146003/

Those in Chennai sharing from water carts. You think OK?

Our home is in a rural town----we use well water. What do you have against well water.??
Along with ordered filtered tubs----brought on a moped when possible. Do know about power cuts?? in hot weather and fans not working?

There are drownings/ houses demolished in a bad monsoon.
Shops closed---power cuts---
We ourselves get subsidised gas cylinders, low income neighbours get ration cards.
There is a free government hospital and you know about the 50% of poor now getting free private care??

There are not millions of people and cattle lying dead in fields as in the described previous famines. Don't you have any pity for those people?????

You are describing just one State and you can't even spell its name! KERALA

What has BJP got to do with anything, there has been a Communist Government ----since when were you so left-wing----I can assure you that I have been travelling to Kerala since our children were small----it has deteriorated in Infra -structure---apart from a new airport. -----wouldn't a few more decent shops been more use to the ordinary people?


Bipat is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2019, 5:47 am
  #124  
EMR
Banned
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 26,724
EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: India and the Wars

Originally Posted by Bipat
What the hell do you think I have been seeing for the last 50 years!! ????

So those in Mumbai losing their homes or lives when apartment blocks come down, doesn't matter to you??
(Some old built by the British)

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2146003/

Those in Chennai sharing from water carts. You think OK?

Our home is in a rural town----we use well water. What do you have against well water.??
Along with ordered filtered tubs----brought on a moped when possible. Do know about power cuts?? in hot weather and fans not working?

There are drownings/ houses demolished in a bad monsoon.
Shops closed---power cuts---
We ourselves get subsidised gas cylinders, low income neighbours get ration cards.
There is a free government hospital and you know about the 50% of poor now getting free private care??

There are not millions of people and cattle lying dead in fields as in the described previous famines. Don't you have any pity for those people?????

You are describing just one State and you can't even spell its name! KERALA

What has BJP got to do with anything, there has been a Communist Government ----since when were you so left-wing----I can assure you that I have been travelling to Kerala since our children were small----it has deteriorated in Infra -structure---apart from a new airport. -----wouldn't a few more decent shops been more use to the ordinary people?

I have finally realised not only do you not understand what a facts and historical records are you cannot even comprehend posts.
I referred not to just one state but to the vast areas in the NW , rajahstan and neighbouring states affected by drought..
The BJP is the government , the government that is charging the people's of Kerela for the relief provided by the forces of the republic.
The forces that the tax payers of Kerela pay for in their taxes..
Every post you now submit shows a continuing Decline in your ability to deal with facts ....
You reference to the events of the mid 19th century shows yet again how out of touch with facts and reality you are.
We now live in a very different world.
If nothing had changed in the world since 1870 your comments would be justified , but it has therefore your comparisons are not worthy of serious debate and comment..

EMR is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2019, 6:23 am
  #125  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 20,747
Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: India and the Wars

Originally Posted by EMR
I have finally realised not only do you not understand what a facts and historical records are you cannot even comprehend posts.
I referred not to just one state but to the vast areas in the NW , rajahstan and neighbouring states affected by drought..
The BJP is the government , the government that is charging the people's of Kerela for the relief provided by the forces of the republic.
The forces that the tax payers of Kerela pay for in their taxes..
Every post you now submit shows a continuing Decline in your ability to deal with facts ....
You reference to the events of the mid 19th century shows yet again how out of touch with facts and reality you are.
We now live in a very different world.
If nothing had changed in the world since 1870 your comments would be justified , but it has therefore your comparisons are not worthy of serious debate and comment..
EMR I have been many times to Rajasthan I know the droughts that occur ----FACT. I have relatives by marriage that originate from Jodhpur.

How many times!!!!!it is Kerala--how did you get there if you can't even spell its name?

The controversy was partly about refusing 'aid' from the UAE and that the aid given by the Government was not enough.

Can you actually read EMR?

I gave you evidence of floods/disasters over the past 50 years that I have SEEN-----you don't even respond.

Just keep on about your three weeks as a tourist!!

What is your fear of well water?----we use it for washing and teeth cleaning/clothes washing. Filtered if used for drinking. Electricity for the pump is expensive so it is cheaper to get filtered from outside 20 litre returnable tubs.
Have you ever seen a gas cylinder connection for cooking?
Do you know what it is like without electricity in the hot season---??

All you can do is insult me.

Bipat is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2019, 7:35 am
  #126  
BE Enthusiast
 
prestonjohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: London.
Posts: 941
prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: India and the Wars

The Waffen SS recruited English prisoners of war into the Legion of St. George but i have never read anything concerning captured soldiers from India being recruited and armed ? The Japanese certainly did and it was to liberate India from British rule.They fought in Kohima in Assam.At the end of the war they surrendered and were briefly imprisoned and then released when it was apparent that the British were going to pull out of India under a Labour Government.If the German High Command tried to recruit Indians to its armed forces and remember they also recruited Muslims from The Balkans, it was to fight the Russians on the Eastern Front,same as the Legion of St. George.The British jailed quite a few of them and John Amery was hanged in Wandsworth Prison for High Treason for his part in its creation.
prestonjohn is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2019, 7:40 am
  #127  
BE Enthusiast
 
prestonjohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: London.
Posts: 941
prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: India and the Wars

You were right there was indians recruited into The German Army.Fascinating i did not know thank you Wikipedia for correcting me.
prestonjohn is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2019, 8:28 am
  #128  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: bute
Posts: 9,740
scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: India and the Wars

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subhas_Chandra_Bose A truly fascinating story. Bose was married to a German woamn who survived the war. they had a daughter who has written about this period. there is in fact a considerable literature mainly in German on the whole subject. the Andam Islands were "freed" from britsih occupation and The Netanji (Bose) set up an administration there.

Last edited by scot47; Feb 5th 2019 at 9:59 am.
scot47 is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2019, 8:46 am
  #129  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 20,747
Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: India and the Wars

Originally Posted by scot47
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subhas_Chandra_Bose A truly fascinating story. Bose was married to a German woamn who survived the war. they had a daughter who has written about this period. there is in fact a considerable literature mainly in German on the whole subject. the Andam Islands were "freed" from britsih occupation and The Netanji (Bose) set up an administration there.
Some of the concerned papers (probably not all) were de-classified at the request of the family.
Not sure what they explained?

Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose: Declassified papers - Indpaedia
Bipat is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2019, 9:27 am
  #130  
EMR
Banned
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 26,724
EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: India and the Wars

Originally Posted by Bipat
EMR I have been many times to Rajasthan I know the droughts that occur ----FACT. I have relatives by marriage that originate from Jodhpur.

How many times!!!!!it is Kerala--how did you get there if you can't even spell its name?

The controversy was partly about refusing 'aid' from the UAE and that the aid given by the Government was not enough.

Can you actually read EMR?

I gave you evidence of floods/disasters over the past 50 years that I have SEEN-----you don't even respond.

Just keep on about your three weeks as a tourist!!

What is your fear of well water?----we use it for washing and teeth cleaning/clothes washing. Filtered if used for drinking. Electricity for the pump is expensive so it is cheaper to get filtered from outside 20 litre returnable tubs.
Have you ever seen a gas cylinder connection for cooking?
Do you know what it is like without electricity in the hot season---??

All you can do is insult me.

Once again, you have not read or comprehend posts.
You just ramble off into some strange alternative universe..

Last edited by EMR; Feb 5th 2019 at 9:31 am.
EMR is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2019, 9:31 am
  #131  
EMR
Banned
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 26,724
EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: India and the Wars

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
The Waffen SS recruited English prisoners of war into the Legion of St. George but i have never read anything concerning captured soldiers from India being recruited and armed ? The Japanese certainly did and it was to liberate India from British rule.They fought in Kohima in Assam.At the end of the war they surrendered and were briefly imprisoned and then released when it was apparent that the British were going to pull out of India under a Labour Government.If the German High Command tried to recruit Indians to its armed forces and remember they also recruited Muslims from The Balkans, it was to fight the Russians on the Eastern Front,same as the Legion of St. George.The British jailed quite a few of them and John Amery was hanged in Wandsworth Prison for High Treason for his part in its creation.
I mentioned their recruitment earlier in this thread.
Hitler ordered their disarmament in the closing days of the war due to their unreliability as a force that would fight for the axis..
Better a member of the INA than starvation as a POW.
6
EMR is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2019, 10:19 am
  #132  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 20,747
Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: India and the Wars

Originally Posted by EMR
Once again, you have not read or comprehend posts.
You just ramble off into some strange alternative universe..
What have I not comprehended? What is YOUR problem,.

I pointed out to you that I have seen these happenings over the last 50 years.
Home is a rural town.

You have been on a 3 week tourist trip to India and seen floods and drought, and can't even spell the name of the place you went to.
You complained that people had drinking water for just a few hours a day.
You thought drinking well water was a problem. I pointed out that we use well water.
I have seen the aftermath of the massive Mumbai floods gave you a link about it.
I pointed out that in Chennai city centre in the hot season a water cart comes ONCE a day and people fill buckets etc.

What have I not comprehended? or Read?

Alternative universe???? just accuracy and experiences that you have not had.
You can only respond with personal insults and lack of understanding---

.



Bipat is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2019, 7:03 pm
  #133  
EMR
Banned
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 26,724
EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: India and the Wars

Originally Posted by Bipat
What have I not comprehended? What is YOUR problem,.

I pointed out to you that I have seen these happenings over the last 50 years.
Home is a rural town.

You have been on a 3 week tourist trip to India and seen floods and drought, and can't even spell the name of the place you went to.
You complained that people had drinking water for just a few hours a day.
You thought drinking well water was a problem. I pointed out that we use well water.
I have seen the aftermath of the massive Mumbai floods gave you a link about it.
I pointed out that in Chennai city centre in the hot season a water cart comes ONCE a day and people fill buckets etc.

What have I not comprehended? or Read?

Alternative universe???? just accuracy and experiences that you have not had.
You can only respond with personal insults and lack of understanding---

.

You are still doing it Bipat.
Your personal experiences , the life you have are not part of this discussion.
You need to look at the bigger picture..
India has made huge progress making fresh water available to more and more of the population.
I pointed out that the drought is having a negative effect on that, you ramble of into a discussion about well water, drying clothes in monsoons ad nasesum..
I pointed out that the government is providing an aid program for farmers badly hit by the drought.
You claim the lack of famines in the second half of the 20th century is down to Indian rule, ignoring all the scientific advances, agricultural advances, the billions of dollars in food aid, food aid from the US, Canada even Russia and others which help feed the Indian population.,prevent famine.
Your ignorance of these facts is why I suggest you live in an alternative universe..

Last edited by EMR; Feb 5th 2019 at 7:23 pm.
EMR is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2019, 7:23 pm
  #134  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 10,086
morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: India and the Wars

Originally Posted by Bipat
So you dispute the evidence of the link I put regarding the Madras famine and similar reports. Have you actually looked at other graphic pictures? Why do you think millions died?
Can you give evidence of the number of hospital beds, medical aid for the 'millions'. The reasons why they had no stockpiles of food. How they managed without milk when cattle died.

Who was ruling Morpeth??

Do you ever! accept that for many such poor Indians the British didn't do a lot.

Yes the weather changes every year and there are still deaths (suicides) when farmers lose crops, or a bad monsoon----but as I pointed out there are food benefits, gas subsidies, government hospitals etc.etc.
(EMR dismisses the effects of monsoon differences-----has he experienced one??)

OH was about 12 years old at the time of the Bengal famine the newspaper pictures still 'seared' into the mind----for those in the south there was nothing they could do.

(The later newspaper cartoons of Nehru knocking on the Viceroys house door after dark were also there, (Edwina)------ giving something to laugh at!!!) but all this is nonsensical 'folk memory'! as you know.
Bipat this is why sometimes I wonder whether you are speaking some type of Indian english. No one disputes there were famines, and based on my limited reading it seems a lot of debate to what extent British administrative decisions, and gearing more agriculture to an export economy contributed.That doesnt negate there were benefits of British rule. But on such a topic someone as extremely biased as you, and who disregards evidence and objective analysis as you, makes one perhaps question your opinions appreciate your comments as I also learn for them. For example I really wasnt aware of he type of subsidies you mention

morpeth is online now  
Old Feb 5th 2019, 7:27 pm
  #135  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 10,086
morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: India and the Wars

Originally Posted by Bipat
EMR what could the people in Karnataka do for the dying in Bengal------Do you know the distance?? Transport?

EMR it is spelled Kerala.

There are floods and droughts in different States every year EMR!

I have relatives who had ground floor apartments who lost everything, in Mumbai. (Not information over the wall ----they lost the walls).

EMR/Morpeth you are a disgrace with your put downs of those with actual knowledge.

Do you know what is is like to walk along a pavement and not know where the manhole covers are?-----have sewage floating around you??
In simple terms do you know how to go out to the shops---get children's clothes washed and dry in a monsoon?


https://www.ndtv.com/topic/mumbai-floods
​​​​​​
Actually I do Bipat.

Bipat calling people a 'disgrace' is neither polite or objective. You have proven over and over to reject evidence that contradicts Indian patriotic views. I encountered many people like hs in America, persisting in saying America was number 1 in everything regardless of evidence When you get called out for doing so, you end up responding to saying people are a disgrace, prejudiced, anti Indian etc..

morpeth is online now  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.