India and the Wars

Old Feb 4th 2019, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: India and the Wars

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Bipat - may I ask which bit of India you're"from"/ married into?
Karnataka west coast-----however relatives all over the country! Who are visited /and visit. So spend lot of time in Mumbai (which I dislike now, used to enjoy going there, now traffic awful ) and Chennai which I do like, that is my favourite city. Delhi ---dislike/Bangalore also ----Calcutta haven't been for years. Hyderabad briefly----good airport. Other places as a tourist.
Old Feb 4th 2019, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
You are right, historical fact., Don,t expect Bipat to read the entire article and research the facts and opinions in it..
Distribution of food , state government was the responsibility of the elected Indian, Bengal government, and yes there was a global war on, it was in all the papers..
I do not live in your fact denying bubble inhabited by pink unicorns where what is now India pre and post British rule was and is inhabited by happy laughing people, who had everything they needed, led the world in industrial and scientific development, where there was no religious , ethnic, caste, gender persecution or prejudice., genocides by Indian rulers and the wave of invaders in its 2000 years of history.
In Bipat world all that arrived with the British ..
EMR you still have not answered the obvious question. (asked in the above post). WHY, WHY are you so obsessed with India???????
Old Feb 4th 2019, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Astonishing for us now to look back on all of this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_..._Indian_Empire
Old Feb 5th 2019, 2:23 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
EMR you still have not answered the obvious question. (asked in the above post). WHY, WHY are you so obsessed with India???????
Not obsessed, it is part of the history of the UK.
Why are you so obsessed with denying facts and recorded history.
If you were not this and every other discussion on any subject anyone has with you would only last a fraction of the time they have...

Last edited by EMR; Feb 5th 2019 at 2:25 am.
Old Feb 5th 2019, 2:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

EMR has wide-ranging interests , we once senst a few weeks debating issues about Cuba's history
Old Feb 5th 2019, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

EMR your simplistic thoughts based on ignorance!!
If you spent any time in India you would know the importance of monsoons and the economy.
Did you read the link and the accusations of colonial genocide?
This thread is about those times.

Apart from the 1951 Bihar famine there has been nothing like that since-----EMR can you not get it into your head---the weather is the SAME.
People have more money they have medical help. They have 'benefits' basic food allowance for the low income.
During the Raj they had 'nothing'! including no cattle.

Why do you keep excusing and denying everything? It was 'then' not 'now'! Just so hypocritical from a 'Remainer'!

----I know the major advances that you go on about. All do not get them, the SMALL farmers don't just grow one type of crop. How much can they grow on two acres---they can't rotate crops. The new seeds are expensive; crop failure means debt, you claim to know so much about a country you have spent three whole weeks in---you must have read about farmer suicides. (Actually that happens in the UK also!)

The difference now from the Raj, I repeat, is that the ruling government gives aid. The Congress party also promises to cancel all the farmer debt if it comes to power (unlikely).

You are copying the words of your 'twin' poster-----I have not "adopted" any country. This an expat Forum we all live somewhere other than the UK!

(Oh, for you interest our monsoon starts on 7th June----amazing how the date can be so accurate (most years)!!! Why don't you visit during that time and learn something? Or even visit next month when mangoes are harvested----coconuts already down!!
What is your learned opinion of the new dwarf coconut trees?)
There is no doubt there were a variety of factors causing the famines, including weather (yes Bipat weather does change). There has been debate on the degree hat British policies contributed to the famines. To determine to what degree British governance contributed to the famine would require careful objective analysis not polemic anti-British ideologues that have determined before looking at the evidence that Britain was mainly responsible. And since Bipat routine rejects evidence beyond polemic anti-British writing, it is a it challenging to accept her automatic attribution of blame to Britain.

Old Feb 5th 2019, 3:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by morpeth
EMR has wide-ranging interests , we once senst a few weeks debating issues about Cuba's history
Did any Cuban national join in?

EMR knows everything about everything. I should
I should have known better than to put a reply to the OP---post 106

EMR told me once that I was mistaken when I said where we lived----and that I didn't know my own address!!
Old Feb 5th 2019, 3:24 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Did any Cuban national join in?

EMR knows everything about everything. I should
I should have known better than to put a reply to the OP---post 106

EMR told me once that I was mistaken when I said where we lived----and that I didn't know my own address!!
The discussion was about why was Fidel ( dictator that he was ).was an iconic symbol and hero to 100s of millions in the world., one who rivalled Ghandi as a symbol of those fighting for their independence ., in their case the US and its proxy regimes..
Anyone who lived through the time of the US catastrophes in SE Asia , Central America and the middle East would understand why the leader of a small nation that for decades resisted the US achieved such a level of global admiration..

if you posted without denying facts and recorded history you would not have them challenged.

Your last sentence is total bollocks.

Last edited by EMR; Feb 5th 2019 at 3:27 am.
Old Feb 5th 2019, 3:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by morpeth
There is no doubt there were a variety of factors causing the famines, including weather (yes Bipat weather does change). There has been debate on the degree hat British policies contributed to the famines. To determine to what degree British governance contributed to the famine would require careful objective analysis not polemic anti-British ideologues that have determined before looking at the evidence that Britain was mainly responsible. And since Bipat routine rejects evidence beyond polemic anti-British writing, it is a it challenging to accept her automatic attribution of blame to Britain.
So you dispute the evidence of the link I put regarding the Madras famine and similar reports. Have you actually looked at other graphic pictures? Why do you think millions died?
Can you give evidence of the number of hospital beds, medical aid for the 'millions'. The reasons why they had no stockpiles of food. How they managed without milk when cattle died.

Who was ruling Morpeth??

Do you ever! accept that for many such poor Indians the British didn't do a lot.

Yes the weather changes every year and there are still deaths (suicides) when farmers lose crops, or a bad monsoon----but as I pointed out there are food benefits, gas subsidies, government hospitals etc.etc.
(EMR dismisses the effects of monsoon differences-----has he experienced one??)

OH was about 12 years old at the time of the Bengal famine the newspaper pictures still 'seared' into the mind----for those in the south there was nothing they could do.

(The later newspaper cartoons of Nehru knocking on the Viceroys house door after dark were also there, (Edwina)------ giving something to laugh at!!!) but all this is nonsensical 'folk memory'! as you know.

Last edited by Bipat; Feb 5th 2019 at 3:32 am.
Old Feb 5th 2019, 3:41 am
EMR
Banned

So you dispute the evidence of the link I put regarding the Madras famine and similar reports. Have you actually looked at other graphic pictures? Why do you think millions died?
Can you give evidence of the number of hospital beds, medical aid for the 'millions'. The reasons why they had no stockpiles of food. How they managed without milk when cattle died.

Who was ruling Morpeth??

Do you ever! accept that for many such poor Indians the British didn't do a lot.

Yes the weather changes every year and there are still deaths (suicides) when farmers lose crops, or a bad monsoon----but as I pointed out there are food benefits, gas subsidies, government hospitals etc.etc.
(EMR dismisses the effects of monsoon differences-----has he experienced one??)

OH was about 12 years old at the time of the Bengal famine the newspaper pictures still 'seared' into the mind----for those in the south there was nothing they could do.

(The later newspaper cartoons of Nehru knocking on the Viceroys house door after dark were also there, (Edwina)------ giving something to laugh at!!!) but all this is nonsensical 'folk memory'! as you know.
Nothing they could do, nonsense,, the states rulers were some of the richest men in the world, , where was their aid and support for their fellow Induanscand co religionists...
I have not dismissed monsoons, your Specsavers problem again.
I posted the issues and problems across much of NW India currently due to 3 years of poor monsoons.,, thecresults of the floods in Kerela , which I saw at first hand, not read in a newspaper, seen on TV or heard over the garden wall.
You really are becoming a pathetic poster Bipat..

Old Feb 5th 2019, 3:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EMR
The discussion was about why was Fidel ( dictator that he was ).was an iconic symbol and hero to 100s of millions in the world., one who rivalled Ghandi as a symbol of those fighting for their independence ., in their case the US and its proxy regimes..
Anyone who lived through the time of the US catastrophes in SE Asia , Central America and the middle East would understand why the leader of a small nation that for decades resisted the US achieved such a level of global admiration..

if you posted without denying facts and recorded history you would not have them challenged.

Your last sentence is total bollocks.
But EMR you and Morpeth are the only people who know absolutely what is correct in the different views of history, might as well destroy all the other books and documents. (Just remembered the Portuguese and some British did just that!)
My last sentence----- I pointed out to you once that our town was the capital of the old North Kanara district, you firmly told me that place hadn't /didn't exist!!!!

Old Feb 5th 2019, 3:53 am
EMR
Banned

But EMR you and Morpeth are the only people who know absolutely what is correct in the different views of history, might as well destroy all the other books and documents. (Just remembered the Portuguese and some British did just that!)
My last sentence----- I pointed out to you once that our town was the capital of the old North Kanara district, you firmly told me that place hadn't /didn't exist!!!!
Morpeth and I actually read multiple sources , , have done for decades , want to be informed and educsted.unlike your good self who does not want her narrow views challenged in any way...
Old Feb 5th 2019, 3:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EMR
Nothing they could do, nonsense,, the states rulers were some of the richest men in the world, , where was their aid and support for their fellow Induanscand co religionists...
I have not dismissed monsoons, your Specsavers problem again.
I posted the issues and problems across much of NW India currently due to 3 years of poor monsoons.,, thecresults of the floods in Kerela , which I saw at first hand, not read in a newspaper, seen on TV or heard over the garden wall.
You really are becoming a pathetic poster Bipat..
EMR what could the people in Karnataka do for the dying in Bengal------Do you know the distance?? Transport?

EMR it is spelled Kerala.

There are floods and droughts in different States every year EMR!

I have relatives who had ground floor apartments who lost everything, in Mumbai. (Not information over the wall ----they lost the walls).

EMR/Morpeth you are a disgrace with your put downs of those with actual knowledge.

Do you know what is is like to walk along a pavement and not know where the manhole covers are?-----have sewage floating around you??
In simple terms do you know how to go out to the shops---get children's clothes washed and dry in a monsoon?

https://www.ndtv.com/topic/mumbai-floods

Old Feb 5th 2019, 4:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EMR
Morpeth and I actually read multiple sources , , have done for decades , want to be informed and educsted.unlike your good self who does not want her narrow views challenged in any way...
"Bollocks"??
Are you still saying that the North Kanara district doesn't /didn't exist. Please both of you tell me how we can get home in May??
(in UK two weeks now----everything will have changed!!)

Last edited by Bipat; Feb 5th 2019 at 4:11 am.
Old Feb 5th 2019, 4:07 am
EMR
Banned

Are you still saying that the North Kanara district doesn't /didn't exist. Please both of you tell me how we can get home in May??
(Been in UK two weeks now----everything will have changed!!)
More bollocks from you.
No surprise considering just how silly you have been made to look today..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.