British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   India (https://britishexpats.com/forum/india-169/)
-   -   Hindutva (https://britishexpats.com/forum/india-169/hindutva-925204/)

scot47 May 23rd 2019 7:47 pm

Hindutva

Concerned that Modi marches on to his promised Hindutva. I always wanted to see India as a secular and democratic republic. Hard when ther is mad Hindu running the show.

EMR May 23rd 2019 11:19 pm

Re: Hindutva

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 12688075)
Concerned that Modi marches on to his promised Hindutva. I always wanted to see India as a secular and democratic republic. Hard when ther is mad Hindu running the show.

The economy stagnant, unemployment at 45 year high, agriculture in a mess, , attacks on Muslims increasing, .
Popularism , demagogary, is not just a western phenomena.

Bipat May 24th 2019 3:06 am

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 12688075)

Do you really believe the 'fake' secular, corrupt, nepotism, raking in personal wealth, using the Gandhi name Congress party was preferable???????
Look what Modi has done im the past 5 years, fastest growing large economy, the health scheme for the poor, bank accounts for the poor, tax reforms.
NOT democratic??? I suppose you know about the old buying votes system by Congress.

Democracy in practice has given an increased majority.
Do you think people here are stupid.

Yes he is Hindu how is that a negative?
Mad? Certainly not that.
Aging and overweight yes but many to take over and mainly women!!!

scot47 May 24th 2019 4:06 am

I am concerned about the fate of non-Hindus, including Christians and Muslims.

I would have to support the CP - but the tragedy of that party is the many splits.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...box=1558613025

Bipat May 24th 2019 4:29 am

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 12688190)
I am concerned about the fate of non-Hindus, including Christians and Muslims.

I would have to support the CP - but the tragedy of that party is the many splits.

Modi has promoted equality for all. Equal law for all.
The majority of people are nominally Hindu. It is not a philosophy that promotes conversion etc. They don't have an aim to set up in other countries.
The British introduced separate laws for Muslims, a Shariya law for inheritance etc. No PM of any party dares to change this. Although Modi has got rid of the Triple Talaq. (Increased his Muslim womens vote.)
You don't mention equality for women Modi has promoted this.

There are small pockets of religious violence which in this massive population will involve crowds of people.
It is a large country in which religion ìs important to many, billion+ people, crime happens as in all countries and increased reporting of anything controversial is leapt on by foreign papers.

I have been giving serious warnings to a great nephew going to London for a year at an Islington Business college. Advising on the reality of knife crime, hope he listened.

Your report is typical of a political opponent. It is the opposition who have split and keep reforming in various groups. The people have voted for local candidates and the opposition has totally failed. Also what has Congress done for the people, for the economy in the last decades? Just filled their own pockets.

EMR May 24th 2019 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12688195)
Modi has promoted equality for all. Equal law for all.
The majority of people are nominally Hindu. It is not a philosophy that promotes conversion etc. They don't have an aim to set up in other countries.
The British introduced separate laws for Muslims, a Shariya law for inheritance etc. No PM of any party dares to change this. Although Modi has got rid of the Triple Talaq. (Increased his Muslim womens vote.)
You don't mention equality for women Modi has promoted this.

There are small pockets of religious violence which in this massive population will involve crowds of people.
It is a large country in which religion ìs important to many, billion+ people, crime happens as in all countries and increased reporting of anything controversial is leapt on by foreign papers.

I have been giving serious warnings to a great nephew going to London for a year at an Islington Business college. Advising on the reality of knife crime, hope he listened.

Your report is typical of a political opponent. It is the opposition who have split and keep reforming in various groups. The people have voted for local candidates and the opposition has totally failed. Also what has Congress done for the people, for the economy in the last decades? Just filled their own pockets.

Once again you ignore facts and divert.
Unemployment is at a 45 year high, industrial growth is stagnating, religious divide and violence is on the rise with more deaths in the period if BJP governance.
We all rightly condemn Muslim fundamentalism but You do not regard Hindhu fundamentalism as a growing and disturbing trend.

Modi is a demagogue and history has proved people like him only lead their nations down a dark path.

Bipat May 24th 2019 8:46 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12688238)
Once again you ignore facts and divert.
Unemployment is at a 45 year high, industrial growth is stagnating, religious divide and violence is on the rise with more deaths in the period if BJP governance.
We all rightly condemn Muslim fundamentalism but You do not regard Hindhu fundamentalism as a growing and disturbing trend.

Modi is a demagogue and history has proved people like him only lead their nations down a dark path.

EMR You read reports without understanding background. Unemployment is a problem but reports ignore the FACT that the majority of unskilled do not pay tax, earn via the black economy so are counted as unemployed.

There has always been religious violence, have you forgotten the Sikh riots, death of Indira. The apparent increase is partly increased press interest an reporting.
I condemn fundamentalism and violence, it happens in particular areas.

Modi a "demagogue"???? He IS the PM!!!! H wouldn't get anywhere without local seats being won.
Look at Smriti Irani, one of the major successes. 55,00 thousand majority, married to a Parsi hardly a Hindu extremist.
Foreign Minister, minister of external afairs, all three women individuals wouldn't bow to anyone.
Modi is a great orator, so I originally had mistrust. However he genuinely wants what is best for ALL Indian people. You may not like him but people here are grateful for their better lives, ---- they waited long enough.

EMR May 24th 2019 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12688251)
EMR You read reports without understanding background. Unemployment is a problem but reports ignore the FACT that the majority of unskilled do not pay tax, earn via the black economy so are counted as unemployed.

There has always been religious violence, have you forgotten the Sikh riots, death of Indira. The apparent increase is partly increased press interest an reporting.
I condemn fundamentalism and violence, it happens in particular areas.

Modi a "demagogue"???? He IS the PM!!!! H wouldn't get anywhere without local seats being won.
Look at Smriti Irani, one of the major successes. 55,00 thousand majority, married to a Parsi hardly a Hindu extremist.
Foreign Minister, minister of external afairs, all three women individuals wouldn't bow to anyone.
Modi is a great orator, so I originally had mistrust. However he genuinely wants what is best for ALL Indian people. You may not like him but people here are grateful for their better lives, ---- they waited long enough.

Do you watch any TV , Indian tv.
The reports from across the nation, thousands in the streets shouting Modi Modi Modi, wearing Modi masks.
You really are in denial, demagogues are always great orators, that is how they get into power.
What better lives, unemployment at 45 year high, industry and agriculture in real problems, religious and caste divides growing.
You have a very strange idea of what defines a better life, , all of the above have happened during the period of Modis governance.
His tactic, to divert people away from them, focus Hindhu nationalism, attack Pakistan, the tactics of a demagogue.

Bipat May 24th 2019 9:56 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12688255)
Do you watch any TV , Indian tv.
The reports from across the nation, thousands in the streets shouting Modi Modi Modi, wearing Modi masks.
You really are in denial, demagogues are always great orators, that is how they get into power.
What better lives, unemployment at 45 year high, industry and agriculture in real problems, religious and caste divides growing.
You have a very strange idea of what defines a better life, , all of the above have happened during the period of Modis governance.
His tactic, to divert people away from them, focus Hindhu nationalism, attack Pakistan, the tactics of a demagogue.

EMR, it was a General Election, people here are more 'showy' than in the UK.
I have explained about unemployment. Farmers are in trouble, Rahul promised so much why didn't he get votes?

The people have better health care, better food, better schooling, better clothes, bank acounts/no deposit, more benefits food and gas for poor. They travel more, more good buses, free loans to get rickshaws etc. etc.

EMR you have been here on one 3 week holiday, how can you possibly know how ordinary peoples lives are??? How they were??

Attack Pakistan????? you mean the recent attack on a terrorist training camp?? The world complains about Pakistan haven for terrorists.

Why do you constantly refer to Hindu nationalism? The majority are Hindus, it is an ancient philosophy, they are not forcing it around the world. A number of criminals and extremists out of millions...What is your problem with Hinduism. The Uk Queen is strictly religious, Christians caused and cause trouble around the world, is she a demagogue?

EMR May 24th 2019 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12688282)
EMR, it was a General Election, people here are more 'showy' than in the UK.
I have explained about unemployment. Farmers are in trouble, Rahul promised so much why didn't he get votes?

The people have better health care, better food, better schooling, better clothes, bank acounts/no deposit, more benefits food and gas for poor. They travel more, more good buses, free loans to get rickshaws etc. etc.

EMR you have been here on one 3 week holiday, how can you possibly know how ordinary peoples lives are??? How they were??

Attack Pakistan????? you mean the recent attack on a terrorist training camp?? The world complains about Pakistan haven for terrorists.

Why do you constantly refer to Hindu nationalism? The majority are Hindus, it is an ancient philosophy, they are not forcing it around the world. A number of criminals and extremists out of millions...What is your problem with Hinduism. The Uk Queen is strictly religious, Christians caused and cause trouble around the world, is she a demagogue?

Hindhu nationalism in your mind then justifies attacks on minorities , different religions, enforcing its views on women.
That is not nationalism but extremism, but you seem to see no danger in that.
What training camp, there has been no evidence that it existed,
How can you know about the lives of almost 2 million people, your locale maybe , but a nation the size and complexity of India, definitely not.
I did not see you last night when those sleeping on the streets were interviewed, homeless and jobless for years..
Where were you.
Religious extremism and politics only leads down one path, as Muslim extremism , Christian extremism shows us.
The queen does not run the country, even you must know that.,

India's problem , is the lack of a viable alternative, electable opposition.
In India this has resulted in the cult of personality, the demagogery that we now see..
As the economy continues to slow down reflecting global trends who will pay the price, sadly I predict a rise in religious and class conflict.

Bipat May 24th 2019 10:35 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12688298)
Hindhu nationalism in your mind then justifies attacks on minorities , different religions, enforcing its views on women.
That is not nationalism but extremism, but you seem to see no danger in that.
What training camp, there has been no evidence that it existed,
How can you know about the lives of almost 2 million people, your locale maybe , but a nation the size and complexity of India, definitely not.
I did not see you last night when those sleeping on the streets were interviewed, homeless and jobless for years..
Where were you.
Religious extremism and politics only leads down one path, as Muslim extremism , Christian extremism shows us.
The queen does not run the country, even you must know that.,

India's problem , is the lack of a viable alternative, electable opposition.
In India this has resulted in the cult of personality, the demagogery that we now see..
As the economy continues to slow down reflecting global trends who will pay the price, sadly I predict a rise in religious and class conflict.

Suggest you read the history of the Congress party in power most of the time since independence.

I thought you read news reports, the rest of the world recognises Pakistans terrorist activities.

"enforces its views on women"???????? Don't you know how many senior women Ministers there are???
Making triple talaq illegal was certsinly praised by women!!

EMR May 24th 2019 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12688302)
Suggest you read the history of the Congress party in power most of the time since independence.

I thought you read news reports, the rest of the world recognises Pakistans terrorist activities.

"enforces its views on women"???????? Don't you know how many senior women Ministers there are???
Making triple talaq illegal was certsinly praised by women!!

Once again you ignore facts.
The rise in attacks and killings of Muslims and those looked down on by Hindhu extremists since the rise of Modi.

​​​​​​

Bipat May 24th 2019 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12688356)
Once again you ignore facts.
The rise in attacks and killings of Muslims and those looked down on by Hindhu extremists since the rise of Modi.

​​​​​​

You said "enforces his views on women"!! I was replying to that rather ridiculous statement.

EMR May 24th 2019 1:34 pm

[QUOTE=Bipat;12688376]You said "enforces his views on women"!! I was replying to that rather ridiculous statement.[/
Once again you ignore the rise in religious murders and those they regard as below them by Hindu extremists to a man BJP supporters with support from local BJP politicians.

scot47 Jun 23rd 2019 1:57 pm

Sorry I used the abbreviation CP. By this I did NOT mean Congress but the Communist Party. Abbreviation should be CPI. One of the leading figures was Jyoti Basu - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jyoti_Basu