Reload this Page >

Employment visa application

Employment visa application

Old Feb 23rd 2013, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Bollybaba is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Employment visa application

Hello everyone!

Please help me with this, is it possible for me, as a UK passport holder, to apply for an Employment Visa even though I haven't lived in the UK since 1994?

I am hoping you will be able to help me out as I am having difficulty making a decision.

I applied for an employment visa for India 2 months ago in Paris, via VFS. But they say it could take another 2 months for it to come through!

It is driving me crazy just waiting and I am worried my boss will replace me with someone who can get there in a more reasonable amount of time.

So should I not just cancel the application here and rush over to London to apply for one there? Or would it take ages too?

Thank you§
Old Feb 25th 2013, 1:44 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employment visa application

Hi Bollybaba.... just to say Hello and Welcome to the forum. As you can see, I'm not in India, so cannot help you at all. Sorry you've had no replies on here so far. I'm sure someone will be along soon to advise you. All the best
Old Feb 26th 2013, 11:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hi Bollybaba.... just to say Hello and Welcome to the forum. As you can see, I'm not in India, so cannot help you at all. Sorry you've had no replies on here so far. I'm sure someone will be along soon to advise you. All the best
Thanks BackedBean! I found out the answer in the end: you don't have to live in the UK as long as you are a UK passport holder
Old Feb 26th 2013, 6:45 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bollybaba
Thanks BackedBean! I found out the answer in the end: you don't have to live in the UK as long as you are a UK passport holder
Thanks so much for coming back with an update on that. I'm sure the information will be useful for other members.

Which part of India are you moving to?
Old Feb 27th 2013, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sue
Thanks so much for coming back with an update on that. I'm sure the information will be useful for other members.

Which part of India are you moving to?
Mumbai Can't wait! Do you live in India?
Old Feb 27th 2013, 12:39 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bollybaba
Mumbai Can't wait! Do you live in India?
No I have never been but would like to visit one day. I just wondered which part you were going to. Have you been to India before?
Old Mar 14th 2013, 1:02 am
Just Joined

I see, yes I have: last for a month in the Tamil Nadu, it was amazing!!! Have just wanted to go back ever since. So now I have a contract there for the job of my dreams.. Only thing is: the visa!
I applied 2 and a half months ago and have a lot of trouble, don't know if or when it'll come through.
Sad!
Old Mar 15th 2013, 3:17 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bollybaba

Welcome to BE and the India and Goa forums and good luck with your visa and imminent move to India

Dread - x