Reload this Page >

Indian Police Clearance Certificates

Indian Police Clearance Certificates

Old Jan 30th 2014, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

bobbyknut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Indian Police Clearance Certificates

Hi all,

Okay, I lived in India (Himachal Pradesh) for 3 years and have recently moved to Ireland. I have been offered a job in social care here and have been asked to provide a police check for my time in India.

Does anyone have any experience of obtaining the Police Clearance Certificate from India for a similar purpose?

I have looked through the Indian High Commission website and have found a form relating to this but it seems to suggest it is for Indian nationals looking to emigrate to the UK.

Through my years of dealing with Indian bureaucracy I know that things like this can be extremely convoluted so I'm hoping someone on here may be able to shed some light on the whole process. I haven't contacted the Commission directly yet as it usually involves a lot of frustrated hair pulling and repeating yourself so if anyone can help before i have to got hat far it would be much appreciated.

Cheers in advance,

bobby
Old Jan 31st 2014, 11:54 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Police Clearance Certificates

Hi Bobby.....just to say to the forum.

Not a clue myself but hopefully some India experts will have the answer.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

poipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud of

I was hoping to find an answer to the question, oh well. I would love one of these too so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. You could go to your local FRO/Police station and ask. I would assume everything was clear if the FRO hadn't any complaints about you staying. But how to get a certificate, not sure...
Old Mar 12th 2014, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by poipleshadow
I was hoping to find an answer to the question, oh well. I would love one of these too so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. You could go to your local FRO/Police station and ask. I would assume everything was clear if the FRO hadn't any complaints about you staying. But how to get a certificate, not sure...
Rob, just read your post on the 'Emigrating...' thread:
If you've ever applied for a visa extension then you've done a 'police clearance' (CID Mapusa?). You could ask FRRO for a copy (if they are reluctant you could mutter something about RTI <g>).

AndyD 8-)
Old Mar 12th 2014, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

poipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud of

Thanks....