Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Best place in India to Live?

Best place in India to Live?

Old Jun 5th 2012, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best place in India to Live?

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Personally I find the Indian 'big cities' of Delhi and Mumbai absolute shxtholes full of extremely rude 'neuveau riche' twats where the difference between the rich and poor is very striking !
If I want big shopping malls and Louis Vuitton etc I certainly wouldn't go to India for them - I would go to Italy or London - but hey ho each to our own eh?
I mentioned Goa because the OP wants a beach, somewhere cheap to live with SOME westrn comforts. Hence I thought the OP may quite like Goa.
Maybe the OP would like to read the posts from us all and make his/her own choice ?

Happy days

Dread - x
Was going to put much the same post (this agreeing is becoming a habit).

I don't think the OP will come back; see Noni's post 10. I looked it up, he is happily in Bangkok looking for a Thai girl
Old Jun 5th 2012, 8:14 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
Was going to put much the same post (this agreeing is becoming a habit.

I don't think the OP will come back; see Noni's post 10. I looked it up, he is happily in Bangkok looking for a Thai girl[/COLOR]
Well we will be ready for him if returns
Old Jun 5th 2012, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

I mentioned Goa because the OP wants a beach, somewhere cheap to live with SOME westrn comforts.
Dread - x
I am still curious as to what these "western comforts" are in Goa that you constantly refer to. This whole board is actually nothing but one big moan about lack of western comforts in Goa.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 11:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdrianTO
I am still curious as to what these "western comforts" are in Goa that you constantly refer to. This whole board is actually nothing but one big moan about lack of western comforts in Goa.
They are other Westerners, also plenty of alcohol, English breakfasts, sunbeds on the beach!!!!
Old Jun 6th 2012, 3:31 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

I'm Western - and I'm comfortable in Goa - !!

Wonder if the 'anonymous' OP has had any little surprises during his serach for his Thai girl !1

Dread - x
Old Jun 6th 2012, 7:15 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Rubbish, it is not a big moan at all - the members only moan about the service and facilites they encounter in India.
Do you think we would have bought properties in Goa, if we did not love the place and the people.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 7:45 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni
Rubbish, it is not a big moan at all - the members only moan about the service and facilites they encounter in India.
Do you think we would have bought properties in Goa, if we did not love the place and the people.

What she said - agreed

Dread - x
Old Jun 6th 2012, 8:25 pm

Weston comforts - you cannot get any better than Dr. Dukles Hospital and Research Center. Top Private hospital.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 8:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Noni that you love Goa, the weather, the beach, absolutely no question about it, but the people----it doesn't always shine through from several expats, unless the Goans keep smiling and behave themselves as they wish.

Goa is an Indian state the people of Goa are also Indians. Why such prejudice (apart from Dr Dukles). India is a vast country.
The low-types who come over the border encased in their 'brown underwear', are not really typical of the rest of the billion.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat
Noni that you love Goa, the weather, the beach, absolutely no question about it, but the people----it doesn't always shine through from several expats, unless the Goans keep smiling and behave themselves as they wish.

Goa is an Indian state the people of Goa are also Indians. Why such prejudice (apart from Dr Dukles). India is a vast country.
The low-types who come over the border encased in their 'brown underwear', are not really typical of the rest of the billion.

Enough is enough now Bipat !
Can you please now drop this constant attack on Noni. As you are well aware this is not the best time and to keep this up is starting to resemble a form of mild bullying !

Thanks - would really appreciate it if you back off!

Dread - x
Old Jun 6th 2012, 10:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Enough is enough now Bipat !
Can you please now drop this constant attack on Noni. As you are well aware this is not the best time and to keep this up is starting to resemble a form of mild bullying !

Thanks - would really appreciate it if you back off!

Dread - x
Dread, that is a 'below the belt remark', of course I know that 'Noni' the person is suffering so much. Nothing I post is meant personally. I am answering 'posts'.

This is a public discussion Forum re India, are you saying that repeated negative and sometimes insulting remarks about India and Indian people are OK but any differing opinion or protest is taboo and therefore bullying"?
Regarding views about Goan people I used the words "several expats". You must surely admit that many posts, (not Noni's) are hardly praising.

As to 'Indians' I sometimes wonder what your fellow concierge Indianfriend must think about some of the negative posts.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 4:13 pm

I apologise if you feel my comment was below the belt however I maintain that lately you point a lot of your posts directly at Noni and a couple of others on the site, especially when you label people as prejudiced etc.

It is obvious from the reference to Dr dukle immediately following the comments about "such prejudice" that you are targetting that remark at Noni - and therefore that was clearly personal towards her rather than generically targetted . If this was not your intention (which I am hoping is the case here) then you need to take a real good look at your phraseology and sentence structure when posting comments like that, because I doubt many would read your comment differently to me (in fact I know several didn't because I speak with them away from the forum).

That is the reason I posted my response to you - the fact is that my friend does not need that kind of crxp at this particular time ! ( I am sure you can understand that the timing caused more upset than it normally would). Protest is fine - but needs to be clearly generic.

Subject now closed ! Take it up via pm if you wish.

Dread - x

PS - My fellow concierge Indian F spends lots of time with us mods and cons in the C Bar and has invited both Noni and I to meet with him when we are next in Goa - lovely chap that he is I am very much looking forward to taking him up on his kind invitation.

Last edited by dreadsoc; Jun 7th 2012 at 4:18 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 7:49 pm

Indianfriend invited us to his home in Pune, Dread. - that would be an amazing trip whilst in India.

Lets see what Goa holds for me this season.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 8:07 pm

Indianfriend invited us to his home in Pune, Dread. - that would be an amazing trip whilst in India.

Lets see what Goa holds for me this season.

I would definitely like to take a trip up to Pune and see Indian F so I reckon we should go for it. Not only will it be great to meet Indian F in person after so many cyber drinks in the C Bar, but I am told there is great shopping to be had in Pune too .......
......... how good are you on ladies shopping Indian F?

I think we should do some things this year that are new experiences for both of us.

Dread - x
Old Jun 9th 2012, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Personal view:
like Bombay - the centre not the suburbs
like Delhi - the suburbs not the centre (has the most threatening touts/thugs I've met in India)
liked Bangalore when I visited, also Mysore (but only for a visit)
haven't made my mind up about Madras, but no bad vibes
Coorg is great to unwind
Kerala was nice for a holiday (is the fish still good & cheap?)
Kochi was interesting and food / hotels are said to be improving so I should think about another visit
Darjeeling was quaint but nice 40 years ago
The Kashmir was wonderful ditto
I choose to live in Goa for at least half of the year

AndyD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.