Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Your advice on what to do next re Non grant

Your advice on what to do next re Non grant

Old Jul 11th 2005, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Your advice on what to do next re Non grant

Hi,

I am a bit stuck now.

In May our CO said that all was well with our 138 application and our application would be finalised shortly - it wasnt due to our Co going on leave.

In June the stand in CO said that there were no outstanding issues and our visa would be granted in early July

I applied for a job and got it base on this info.

Still no visa.

I Emailed again and was told that outstanding applications would be finalised last week. Not a sign.

New empoyer have requested work visa.

Now this is where I need advice. This is a really good job obtained on the information given by our various COs. Timescales are now critical. If I dont get the grant within the next day or so I will have to withdraw or be withdrawn!!

What do I do now? - I have to contact DIMIA but are mindful that they are busy and don't want to delay things any more but at this point in time I have little to lose.

I plan to ring them and try and sort it out - Your advice would be appreciated.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 7:59 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all
Default Re: Your advice on what to do next re Non grant

Originally Posted by Rabc
Hi,

I am a bit stuck now.

In May our CO said that all was well with our 138 application and our application would be finalised shortly - it wasnt due to our Co going on leave.

In June the stand in CO said that there were no outstanding issues and our visa would be granted in early July

I applied for a job and got it base on this info.

Still no visa.

I Emailed again and was told that outstanding applications would be finalised last week. Not a sign.

New empoyer have requested work visa.

Now this is where I need advice. This is a really good job obtained on the information given by our various COs. Timescales are now critical. If I dont get the grant within the next day or so I will have to withdraw or be withdrawn!!

What do I do now? - I have to contact DIMIA but are mindful that they are busy and don't want to delay things any more but at this point in time I have little to lose.

I plan to ring them and try and sort it out - Your advice would be appreciated.
Only my personal opinion, but if this new job depends on it, I would phone them and explain this especially as they have said your visa WILL be granted.
Let us know how you get on, fingers crossed for you
Carole
Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wickedsid
Only my personal opinion, but if this new job depends on it, I would phone them and explain this especially as they have said your visa WILL be granted.
Let us know how you get on, fingers crossed for you
Carole

Thanks for your thoughts, I thought phoning them would be the best thing but didnt want to make things worse!

Cheers

Rob
Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:11 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Thanks for your thoughts, I thought phoning them would be the best thing but didnt want to make things worse!

Cheers

Rob
Hi Rob
if you were told in May that your visa would be granted, I can't see a phone call making it worse, especially when you explain that a good job depends on the outcome coming SOON
Good luck
Carole
Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:16 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Carole, after all it's not as if you've been phoning them every week so I cant see they can complain.

Good luck!
Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:23 am
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Cheers

Rob
Just an idea Rob but is there anyway you can get the employer to email DIMIA (qouting your case number) just to add some credibility to the request. As you can probably imagine I bet they get this a lot. Whilst us lot on BE know you and know it's genuine DIMIA may not!!

Sorry I can't be more helpful. I think there's a little group of us (about 6) that are now outstanding from pre March apps.
Best of luck with the phone call.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks everyone, I will ring them tonight and explain the situation. Good idea about the employer. I will keep this under my belt if the phone call fails.

Happy days!.............