You wouldn't believe it !

Old Nov 6th 2008, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

spiritguide is an unknown quantity at this point
Default You wouldn't believe it !

Evening

Got visa grant today, totally buzzin it hasn't sunk in yet...

Started our 175 process in April 2006. Boy does it feel good after such a long wait. Life is no longer on hold..

175 ( Metal Fabricator ) - modl online application.

TRA sent March 2006

TRA Passed April 2006

Visa app sent 08 Feb 2008

Allocated Case Officer in July 2008

Medicals and Police papers sent to Oz Aug 2008

Further Info Requested by case officer regarding my criminal record Sep 2008

Further Info sent to Oz Oct 2008

Meds finalised 04 Nov 2008

Visa Granted 07 Nov 2008.

Still can't believe it is really happening....WE ARE AT LAST GOING TO LIVE OUR DREAM.

Me and wife and 9 yr old daughter, 12 yr old son, 18 yr old son. 23 yr old son staying in UK.

We will be heading to Adelaide, either Blackwood or Seaford Rise area.

Wife and I did a reccie of Adelaide in Nov 2006. I had stayed in Adelaide for a week in Jan 2004.Your probably wondering what took us so long to get the visa.

We had a County Court case which lasted 10 mnths nearly in 2007. This was to gain permission to remove my wife's youngest two from Uk to Oz permenantly, as the biological father opposed the move to Oz.

Other bits n bobs in between paperwork chasing etc.

A massive thank you to the kind people from this site who have helped, guided and given words of encouragement to me throughout our long ordeal.
Thanks

What i can say is those of you who are worrying about a minor misdemeanour
that may have cropped up or crops up on your police check. Don't put yourself through worrying as my record is far from squeeky clean ( i am not proud of it ) and my last offence was in December 2006 which i got community service for.
I am not in anyway promoting criminals to Oz, I am just trying to give others some hope and maybe prevent needless worry for people.

Good luck to everone. Keep your chin's up and one day sooooon you will get your visa.

For the first 18 mnths of the process i constantly could not stop thinking and worrying about the visa, to the point where it gets to you a bit, and seems to take over you, some may call it an obsession with the visa process syndrome.
But one day i just told myself it's not going to happen any quicker by worrying myself sick over it.
So i just stopped thinking about it all, and just chilled and before you know it, a month passes,then another, then another and in no time 6 months has flown by, then bingo things start moving, and the eagerly awaited day arrives.

Cheers

Spiritguide
Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:02 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You wouldn't believe it !

Many congratulations - you've waited a long time so you've every right to be delighted!

Enjoy Aus!
Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS Well done hears wishing you and your family all the very best in your new life down under
Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tking
Many congratulations - you've waited a long time so you've every right to be delighted!

Enjoy Aus!
Thanks mate....top man
Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mad city fan
HUGE CONGRATULATIONS Well done hears wishing you and your family all the very best in your new life down under
Thanks, top man.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations on your Visa Grant!!

Well worth waiting for!!
Old Nov 7th 2008, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

maund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to all

CONGRATULATIONS!

Worth the wait, time to start your new life
Old Nov 7th 2008, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

middi is just really nicemiddi is just really nicemiddi is just really nicemiddi is just really nicemiddi is just really nicemiddi is just really nicemiddi is just really nicemiddi is just really nicemiddi is just really nicemiddi is just really nicemiddi is just really nice

Great News!!! CONGRATS!

My OH is a metal fabricator too. I have the same problem regardinng my son (biological father will not agree to allowing him to go)

We decided to press ahead with the visa & (hopefully) once granted, we will validate the visa then return to the UK for 4 years, before making the final move when my son is 18 and has finished A levels etc. at 'big school'.

My son can decide where or if he wants to continue to study. It's all a bit unclear at the moment how things will turn out.

So, our wait will definately be much longer than most!
Middi
Old Nov 7th 2008, 10:11 am
Wow 2yrs in Oz!

Location: Liverpool to Townsville via North America & the Middle East!
The_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud of

CONGRATULATIONS ! And the very best of luck to you all.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 10:15 am
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Congratulations spiritguide,

WELCOME TO VISATOWN!