Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Are you a Plumber wanting to move to Australia? Read me for advice!

Are you a Plumber wanting to move to Australia? Read me for advice!

Old Mar 2nd 2017, 8:37 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plumber assessment for Australia Pr sample test

Originally Posted by Tedz
Hey can anyone who already given assessment test for plumber category for Australia pr can guide me what sought of practical test will I be able to face like if anyone can help me with their experience guide me to prepare for the practical assessment. Hope you guys help me...
There should be information on the Vetassess site. There may also be some information in the Plumbers section of the forum - Plumbers - British Expats

Hopefully someone else can help with their experience but the assessment can vary by country. Plumbers from the UK and some other countries take a different assessment to the rest of the world (UK plumbers undertake assessment under OSAP with an RTO as opposed to a TRA assessment). What country are you from?
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 5:30 am
Just Joined

Tedz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Plumber assessment for Australia Pr sample test

I am from india but test will be conducted in South africa , Ireland or at United kingdom hope some who already given test for plumbing assessment to vetessess can guide me .....
Old Mar 29th 2017, 11:30 am

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you a Plumber wanting to move to Australia? Read me for advice!

If you are an Indian passport holder, then you need to apply via TRA, not Vetassess.

Only passport holders from UK, South Africa or Ireland can apply via Vetassess as a Plumber.

Regards,

Richard
Old Jun 13th 2017, 8:05 am
Just Joined

nuzil is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm 20 years old and I want to know if I could move to Australia if I want in a few years as a plumber.

I went to college for two years and have a level 2 city and guilds diploma.

If anyone could tell me what they know it would be much appreciated thanks.
Old Jun 13th 2017, 9:43 am
Just Joined

compo76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for posting this is a great help as my husband and I are looking to make the move. How long is the temporary visa for ?
Old Jun 13th 2017, 9:46 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by compo76
Thank you for posting this is a great help as my husband and I are looking to make the move. How long is the temporary visa for ?
Which temporary visa? There are several.
Old Jun 13th 2017, 9:49 am
Just Joined

the working visa - just so we can test the water first ? Or If we went for the subclass 190 is this permenant ?
Old Jun 13th 2017, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nuzil
I'm 20 years old and I want to know if I could move to Australia if I want in a few years as a plumber.

I went to college for two years and have a level 2 city and guilds diploma.

If anyone could tell me what they know it would be much appreciated thanks.
Yes, if you get the required experience and the occupation is still on the list then
Old Jun 13th 2017, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by verystormy
Yes, if you get the required experience and the occupation is still on the list then
Yeah, i still need to get the experience, I'm just want to know if i need more education. Do I need an nvq?
Old Jun 13th 2017, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

the working visa - just so we can test the water first ? Or If we went for the subclass 190 is this permenant ?
Getting a sponsor would not be easy. Once in Oz, a plumber can not work as a plumber, instead needs to undertake a number of college courses and work as a trade assistant for a period (about a year) which is a bit like working as an apprentice.

Temporary visas also come with a number of issues which you should make sure you are aware of such as costs for education if you have children.

A 190 visa is a permanent visa
Old Jun 13th 2017, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

What if we went on the skilled visa for plumber and then couldn't find work can you then work as anything ?
Old Jun 13th 2017, 11:07 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

What if we went on the skilled visa for plumber and then couldn't find work can you then work as anything ?
Yes, once you have the visa you can do whatever work you want
Old Sep 18th 2017, 1:18 am
Just Joined

I'm 20 years old and I just wanna know my options for the future. I have a level 1 and 2 city and guilds diploma. What qualifications do you need to move to australia for plumbers, and if I had those qualifications how would I go about getting permanent residency in Aus. Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks
Old Sep 18th 2017, 2:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nuzil
I'm 20 years old and I just wanna know my options for the future. I have a level 1 and 2 city and guilds diploma. What qualifications do you need to move to australia for plumbers, and if I had those qualifications how would I go about getting permanent residency in Aus. Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks
Have you read through the previous posts in this thread, and the replies given to you when you asked last time?
Old Oct 1st 2017, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

Can someone tell me what IELTS is and do native speaker need to take it. If I have 'superior English' then I have a 60 score in the Immigration points test

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.