British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Yippeee !! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/yippeee-346730/)

vandiemen Jan 7th 2006 11:24 am

Yippeee !!

Well I have just had my de-facto visa application granted by the Australian Commision in London.

Sent it off on Wednesday and had a phone call yesterday to say that they were happy with everything and would grant me my de-facto visa !

Was Absolutely gobsmacked at the fact that it only took 2 days!!! Still hasn't quite sunk in....

I would just like to say that over the last few months, many of you have given me pieces of information and advice and that has been invaluable in helping me along the way.

Big thank you to Michelle, Pollyanna and Wendy who have been through this same route and some of your posts are excellent and very helpful.

Thanks once again you guys.

Van

Jonahs_mummy Jan 7th 2006 12:47 pm

Re: Yippeee !!

Originally Posted by vandiemen
Well I have just had my de-facto visa application granted by the Australian Commision in London.

Sent it off on Wednesday and had a phone call yesterday to say that they were happy with everything and would grant me my de-facto visa !

Was Absolutely gobsmacked at the fact that it only took 2 days!!! Still hasn't quite sunk in....

I would just like to say that over the last few months, many of you have given me pieces of information and advice and that has been invaluable in helping me along the way.

Big thank you to Michelle, Pollyanna and Wendy who have been through this same route and some of your posts are excellent and very helpful.

Van

congratulations!!

Pollyana Jan 7th 2006 2:13 pm

What a great start to the year for you! Congrats :)

Juliecabs Jan 7th 2006 2:45 pm

Many congratulations!
Julie. x

sel Jan 7th 2006 3:04 pm

Congratulations !!! :)

vandiemen Jan 7th 2006 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by sel
Congratulations !!! :)

Cheers guys, yes the reality has just started to sink in !

Thanks again.

lacey21 Jan 7th 2006 8:14 pm

yipee well done
Lace xx

Wendy Jan 7th 2006 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by lacey21
yipee well done
Lace xx

Brilliant news, congrats.

Wendy

CathnPaul Jan 8th 2006 6:49 am

Originally Posted by vandiemen

Van

That is sooo quick... In 2003, we had my aunties partner(who we had never met before) living with us in the UK for 5months whilst his visa came through!!! If only it had been 2 days!!

Congratulations.. really really good news.