Wikiposts

Yipeeeee i passed the TRA

Old Sep 8th 2004, 3:58 am
Just Joined

peartree35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Yipeeeee i passed the TRA

Originally Posted by Lucyemma5
Your last line made me laugh, we passed the TRA in August after waiting nearly 10 months. I wonder if my husband had been assesed on his body we might have been given a positive result sooner (probably not actually, he is getting on and is a bit flabby)!!
Likewise, I'm glad they're not assessing my hubby's body either! He has started going to the gym before school which I feel is rather excessive but I think he's trying to get ready for life on the beach in Oz. On the other hand I am at home making and eating cornflake cakes for the girls...
Old Sep 8th 2004, 4:01 am
Just Joined

Talking Re: Yipeeeee i passed the TRA

Originally Posted by logan
Peartree, I apologise unreservedly! The TRA just get me so mad.......
No worries...I'm sure 'll be mad too in a few months, no weeks, no days...
Old Sep 8th 2004, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

The Druid is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Yipeeeee i passed the TRA

Sorry to burst your bubble, glad to hear you passed TRA, To answer your question, it is written in the DIMIA Booklet that the application to DIMIA could take up to 50 weeks.

You can speed it up if your occupation is on the MODL or you go for STNI.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Robinson Family is on a distinguished road

Congratulations. I bet you feel really great now that hurdle is over with.

We are also awaiting news of my hubbies TRA assessment. It was sent on the 11th May, priority. Looks like we will have to be patient. (this isn't easy)

Well done
Robinson Family

Originally Posted by sooz&abby
Yeah!! Now its my turn to say i passed the TRA. We applied back in April this year and i had emailed them a few weeks ago to ask when we could expect some feedback to our application. The just said standard applications are now taking 6 months instead of 3...then we got the letter yesterday. It was a very nerve wracking experience opening it. (oh yeah it was for the graphic pre-press job description)

Still can't believe it...

So my question is does anyone know how long the process will now take once we have got the application together for immigration? (we're going under skilled independant visa)
Im thinking along the lines of 1yr - 1yr and a half would this be a realistic estimate...???

How do you know when the best time to sell your house is? Do you wait for the yellow envelope giving you official confirmation or do you put it on the market when medicals and police checks are requested??? Ahhh its all getting quite scary... but very exciting though :-)

Hope to hear from someone soon x
Old Sep 8th 2004, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

sooz&abby is a jewel in the roughsooz&abby is a jewel in the roughsooz&abby is a jewel in the roughsooz&abby is a jewel in the rough

Well why dont you send them an email?

Thats what i did and don't know if it was coincidence..but we got it like 2 weeks later! Its worth a try.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

sooz&abby is a jewel in the roughsooz&abby is a jewel in the roughsooz&abby is a jewel in the roughsooz&abby is a jewel in the rough

TRA - is the Trades Recognition Authority

http://www.workplace.gov.au/Workplac...53D529,00.html
Old Sep 9th 2004, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

KenJan333 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Yipeeeee i passed the TRA

So my question is does anyone know how long the process will now take once we have got the application together for immigration? (we're going under skilled independant visa)
Im thinking along the lines of 1yr - 1yr and a half would this be a realistic estimate...???

How do you know when the best time to sell your house is? Do you wait for the yellow envelope giving you official confirmation or do you put it on the market when medicals and police checks are requested??? Ahhh its all getting quite scary... but very exciting though :-)

Hope to hear from someone soon x[/QUOTE]

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have just sent of hubbys TRA assessment last week (priority). I understand they are stating 60 working days for priority assessments.

With regard to waiting times for Visa, I think I read on this forum a few weeks ago that someones cousin got their PR after 3-4 weeks (post July). Scarry Stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its hard to say when would be a good time to sell house but all going well with our TRA, we plan to put our house on the market quite soon after sending the visa application off. We may be mad, but can stay with relatives until the visa comes through or buy another house if we don't get it. (Our present house is a bit to small for my growing family anyway).

Cheers

Jan
Old Sep 9th 2004, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

moomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura about

like logan we have been waiting since mid april for a priority assessment from the TRA, it really is different in every case.

all the best : )
Old Sep 9th 2004, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

Question Re: Yipeeeee i passed the TRA

Originally Posted by moomin
like logan we have been waiting since mid april for a priority assessment from the TRA, it really is different in every case.

all the best : )

Hi. Do you think this is because we are all being assessed for different trades by various bodies? Are there some that are known to take longer than others?

Becky