yet another med question

Old Feb 15th 2006, 5:48 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Red face yet another med question

hi all

can anyone tell me ?

did you go for your meds to dr millions?

if so do you need to take latest smear test results ?

i havent had a smear for a few years and dont need one anymore(lucky i know) but do i have to take proof of my hysterectomy when i go ?

has anyone paid to gain copies of such proof from their own doctors?

i thought it was free as they are your own personal records

if you can understand what im asking get yourself a beer cos i know i confussed myself writing this!!

thanks jan xx
Old Feb 15th 2006, 6:10 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: yet another med question

Originally Posted by robos
hi all

can anyone tell me ?

i havent had a smear for a few years and dont need one anymore(lucky i know) but do i have to take proof of my hysterectomy when i go ?

if you can understand what im asking get yourself a beer cos i know i confussed myself writing this!!

thanks jan xx

Hi Jan

Cant you ring the doc and ask if you need the stuff to take!!
I did understand but then im on the wine sorry cant help more!!

Good Luck

Kris xx
Old Feb 15th 2006, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

hi all

can anyone tell me ?

thanks jan xx
Hi Jan

How's things?
They do note and measure scars from operations.
I would ring up and check with the panel doctor and if they want info get your GP to do a letter for you.

Ali
You caould
Old Feb 15th 2006, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: yet another med question

hi Jan

i had to take my smear result from docs, to the meds.

most doctors should give you a copy of the electric result you will have in your medical files- for free!

how ever there is often a charge for records due to administration charges under BMC there is normally a standard fee, these can range from £10 - £50 dependant on the size of our records! thats if you need copies of them all.

i didnt have to take any other copies except my smear result, which i did get for free.

hope this helps gee x
Old Feb 15th 2006, 8:27 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

thank you all for your very helpful replies

since posting this i have taken another look at what i need to take

i do need to take details of my op also hubbys details of snip also my son had a short stay in hospital and i will need details of this also

thanks once more for your help

panic over (for now, until next time which im sure is just around the corner)

jan xx
Old Feb 15th 2006, 8:29 pm
one day rodders !!!

has anyone lied on the med forms

were it says how much do you drink?????

jan xx
Old Feb 15th 2006, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of light

hi all

can anyone tell me ?

thanks jan xx

Hi Jan,
If you have had a hysterectomy then I imagine a panel doctor won't be interested in seeing an old smear result (depending on the reason for your hysterectomy of course).
As you have said you will need to take copies of correspondence about operations etc anyway. When you eventually move to Australia it can be useful to have some of your records anyway - I have posted on another thread about this.
See http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=355350

So you might as well do it all in one go.

I'm afraid GPs are perfectly entitled to charge you for this service as this service (along with many others) is NOT covered by the NHS.
Under data protection rules you do have access to your records BUT GPs are not expected to do this for free.

Some GPs will not charge for it but the majority will.

Hope that helps

Madhu
Old Feb 15th 2006, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of light

has anyone lied on the med forms

were it says how much do you drink?????

jan xx

Yes I'm sure many many people have lied!! Not that I recommend it of course!

Madhu
Old Feb 15th 2006, 8:59 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mvt550
Yes I'm sure many many people have lied!! Not that I recommend it of course!

Madhu

I wont need to lie about my drinking, 2 glasses of wine and I become a pole dancer

Seriously though, I am a tad worried about my asthma as when I was young (20 years ago), I had several admissions. Too much partying etc and not looking after myself.

My GP would no way never, go through my notes to even give approx dates and Im stuffed if I can remember.

However, now I am healthy, my chest is fine and im just on ventolin. Last admission was 8 years ago.

My lung capacity is that of a healthy non asthmatic and I am never ill.

I will get my GP to do a letter to say to that effect, even if I have to pay.

I know loads of people on here that have been fine with asthma and much worse and not put in a Cat B.

So I shall see what happens.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 10:38 pm
one day rodders !!!

Originally Posted by mvt550
Hi Jan,
If you have had a hysterectomy then I imagine a panel doctor won't be interested in seeing an old smear result (depending on the reason for your hysterectomy of course).
As you have said you will need to take copies of correspondence about operations etc anyway. When you eventually move to Australia it can be useful to have some of your records anyway - I have posted on another thread about this.
See http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=355350

So you might as well do it all in one go.

I'm afraid GPs are perfectly entitled to charge you for this service as this service (along with many others) is NOT covered by the NHS.
Under data protection rules you do have access to your records BUT GPs are not expected to do this for free.

Some GPs will not charge for it but the majority will.

Hope that helps

Madhu

thanks madhu

i have read the other thread that you posted

very helpful made me realise the reason for charging its all to easy to be blinkered once the facts are pointed out and its put into perspective its totally understandable

jan xx
Old Feb 16th 2006, 9:54 am
AuzAngel

Hi Jan
I had booked for myself, hubby and children to see Dr Million first
week in March however when the letter came it mentioned taking smear
results so I think you will need something. Also realised you cannot
attend whilst on a period, so I have had to book another appointment in
Preston for myself as our CO wants them back by 4th April, wow we went
months of not hearing anything then went on holiday and came back to
this mad rush. Oh boy am I scared of going for this medical, I have a
BMI of 38 and am so worried I will mess it up for my other half. Does
anyone know if Mr Ormerod in Preston is strict on weight and if he will
grade me Cat B??? If graded Cat B what does it mean for us is our
chance over?? I am perfectly well apart from that, don't drink/smoke
and never had high blood pressure although the way I am getting worked
up I think my blood pressure will explode soon:((
Angel
x

Old Feb 16th 2006, 9:54 am
AuzAngel

Hi Jan
I had booked for myself, hubby and children to see Dr Million first
week in March however when the letter came it mentioned taking smear
results so I think you will need something. Also realised you cannot
attend whilst on a period, so I have had to book another appointment in
Preston for myself as our CO wants them back by 4th April, wow we went
months of not hearing anything then went on holiday and came back to
this mad rush. Oh boy am I scared of going for this medical, I have a
BMI of 38 and am so worried I will mess it up for my other half. Does
anyone know if Mr Ormerod in Preston is strict on weight and if he will
grade me Cat B??? If graded Cat B what does it mean for us is our
chance over?? I am perfectly well apart from that, don't drink/smoke
and never had high blood pressure although the way I am getting worked
up I think my blood pressure will explode soon:((
Angel
x

Old Feb 16th 2006, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I did not have to take my smear test results in.

The meds are nothing to worry about people, so just relax and it will all be fine.