Yet another Doubt :(

Old May 7th 2010, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

hvirdi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Yet another Doubt :(

Hi All

I am amidst yet another doubt/skepticism or whatever be termed as.

When I got my Skills assessed, I was in Australia and got all the documents attested/certified by a Justice of Peace (this was in December 2009).
Now I have received my skill assessment when I am in Singapore. My business in Australia is no more valid and hence wouldnt be going back there.

My confusion:

The new documents which I have to submit with final application would be stamped by a Singaporean notary/agency. My wife's documents (English proof documents + Degrees) would be attested by an Indian Authority.

Is there a rule (said or unsaid) that certification of copies of original documents have to be necessarily done at one place (I have at this stage three different authorities viz. Justice of Peace (Australia), Singaporen and Indian). It doesnt sound logical that it could be a hiccup with anyone, however, its still an itching doubt on my mind...

Request you to pl advise....

Thanks a ton!

Regards,
Virdi

Last edited by hvirdi; May 7th 2010 at 5:03 am.
Old May 7th 2010, 5:28 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Yet another Doubt :(

Originally Posted by hvirdi
Hi All

I am amidst yet another doubt/skepticism or whatever be termed as.

When I got my Skills assessed, I was in Australia and got all the documents attested/certified by a Justice of Peace (this was in December 2009).
Now I have received my skill assessment when I am in Singapore. My business in Australia is no more valid and hence wouldnt be going back there.

My confusion:

The new documents which I have to submit with final application would be stamped by a Singaporean notary/agency. My wife's documents (English proof documents + Degrees) would be attested by an Indian Authority.

Is there a rule (said or unsaid) that certification of copies of original documents have to be necessarily done at one place (I have at this stage three different authorities viz. Justice of Peace (Australia), Singaporen and Indian). It doesnt sound logical that it could be a hiccup with anyone, however, its still an itching doubt on my mind...

Request you to pl advise....

Thanks a ton!

Regards,
Virdi
If you applying for visa and applying online then no need of attestation. just upload original scanned copies.
Old May 7th 2010, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Shafaqat. However, I read at someplace on the site that regardless of the medium, the documents have to be attested

Regards,
Virdi
Old May 7th 2010, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

syncsam is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Shafaqat. However, I read at someplace on the site that regardless of the medium, the documents have to be attested

Regards,
Virdi
If your document is color, just scan and upload it. But if it is B&W, then you need to get it attested.
Old May 7th 2010, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

Hi All

Pl find this link which specifies that certified copies are required

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...nformation.htm

Can someone pl advise on my original query?

Many thanks.

Regards,
Virdi
Old May 7th 2010, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Pl find this link which specifies that certified copies are required

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...nformation.htm

Can someone pl advise on my original query?

Many thanks.

Regards,
Virdi
Virdi - two people have already answered your query and are correct in what they said but you don't believe them.

Anyway ... if you want to waste your money getting your documents certified when it is not necessary, then no, there is no reason why this would need to be done by the same person.