Yet another 475 to 887 query!

Old Apr 1st 2013, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

samishah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Yet another 475 to 887 query!

Hey helpful folks! One more 475 to 887 question to add to the ever growing pile:

My wife and I moved to regional WA last year on our 475 (subclass b). We got lucky and started working full time jobs almost as soon as we landed. By June we will have completed one full year of work in regional WA.

Now, obviously, the immi.gov website states as one of the obligations for 475 that, "remain in the state or territory for a period of at least two years."

But while casually browsing through forum threads here and elsewhere, I saw a lot of people seemed to have applied for their 887 after just one year and not two. They then got their 887 PR visas.

Is that normal? Is one year of living and working considered enough to apply or should we just sit tight until May 2014 before even thinking of applying?

Thanks in advance for your help by the way!
Old Apr 1st 2013, 6:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yet another 475 to 887 query!

No you cannot apply after one year, why do you think you can? Any examples of these threads you have seen?
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 12:40 am
Just Joined

samishah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yet another 475 to 887 query!

Yeah that's what I thought as well. Didn't bookmark it but it was on one of the other forums. Pomsinoz or some such. A lady showed her date of entry as sometime in 2010 and she applied for 887 in 2011 and got it. Which is what surprised me too. Ah well, back to notching days on the tree outside!