Wikiposts

X-ray showing old Tuberculosis!

Old Jul 23rd 2004, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

pmntchambers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default X-ray showing old Tuberculosis!

Having had our x-rays and medicals last week-end for our visas, everything seemed fine. Until today when I was phoned by the doctor and told that my left lung had a scaring indicating "old" TB.
I was so shocked because I have never had TB in my life and I am 40. He said that I had probably fought it off myself - hence I never even realised that I had it.

They are sending the results to the High Commision and we will wait and see. We are applying for an Employer Sponsored Migration visa on my husband.

I am devastated as I may be stopping the whole family emigrating to Australis due to a condition I never even realised I had.

Does anyone else have experiences of this kind?
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 5:07 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: X-ray showing old Tuberculosis!

Originally posted by pmntchambers
Having had our x-rays and medicals last week-end for our visas, everything seemed fine. Until today when I was phoned by the doctor and told that my left lung had a scaring indicating "old" TB.
I was so shocked because I have never had TB in my life and I am 40. He said that I had probably fought it off myself - hence I never even realised that I had it.

They are sending the results to the High Commision and we will wait and see. We are applying for an Employer Sponsored Migration visa on my husband.

I am devastated as I may be stopping the whole family emigrating to Australis due to a condition I never even realised I had.

From memory there have been a few people that this has happened to on the forum. Have you tried a search? I think Richard Bartlett was one?
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 5:17 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

I just wrote loads to this, but I would be guessing.
There's a really good 'medical problem' immigration agent, who is recommended on here. I'll look up his details and PM them to you.

Also, for what its worth - a scar, is simply that, even for TB. You don't have it now, you just did once. Try not to worry too much.
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 8:45 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Michelle,

Having scarring isn't a problem. They'll most likely get you to do a series of sputum tests to show you're now clear and probably subject you to a health undertaking. If you did need to contact Peter Bollard, who to my mind is the leading agent on medical issues, you could email me.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 11:07 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by George Lombard
Hi Michelle,

Having scarring isn't a problem. They'll most likely get you to do a series of sputum tests to show you're now clear and probably subject you to a health undertaking. If you did need to contact Peter Bollard, who to my mind is the leading agent on medical issues, you could email me.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George

His are the details I passed on to Michelle already
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 12:56 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mlbonner
Hi George

His are the details I passed on to Michelle already
... and when are you planning to take the Migration Agents exam Michelle??

Cheers

George Lombard

Old Jul 23rd 2004, 1:25 pm
Meryl

I know of people who had simiar problems when coming here on teacher
exchange. DIMIA required a culture to show that there was no TB.
All got through OK.
Meryl

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 17:00:14 +0000, pmntchambers
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Having had our x-rays and medicals last week-end for our visas,
    >everything seemed fine. Until today when I was phoned by the doctor and
    >told that my left lung had a scaring indicating "old" TB.
    >I was so
    >shocked because I have never had TB in my life and I am 40. He said
    >that I had probably fought it off myself - hence I never even realised
    >that I had it.
    >They are sending the results to the High Commision and
    >we will wait and see. We are applying for an Employer Sponsored
    >Migration visa on my husband.
    >I am devastated as I may be stopping the
    >whole family emigrating to Australis due to a condition I never even
    >realised I had.
    >Does anyone else have experiences of this kind?

Old Jul 23rd 2004, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

sue48 is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband has old scarring top and bottom of his left lung and has had a full medical clearance but has a Health Undertaking. He has never had TB or been in contact with anyone with TB to his knowledge. Scarring can be caused in various ways so from our experience I would say try not to worry too much., but I am not the expert. I hope all goes well for you and your family.

Old Jul 23rd 2004, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by sue48
My husband has old scarring top and bottom of his left lung and has had a full medical clearance but has a Health Undertaking. He has never had TB or been in contact with anyone with TB to his knowledge. Scarring can be caused in various ways so from our experience I would say try not to worry too much., but I am not the expert. I hope all goes well for you and your family.

Thanks for your reply. What is a Health Undertaking? Also did the fact that your husband had scarring hold up your visa application?
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 7:54 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally posted by George Lombard
... and when are you planning to take the Migration Agents exam Michelle??

Cheers

George Lombard

errrmmmm, I wasn't!
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 8:19 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Scarring on the lungs can also indicate pnumonia (wrong spelling I know, can't be chewed to get dictionary out)

Walla
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 9:22 pm
Walla's bird

marie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of light

My x-ray showed scarring of pneumonia (which I contracted when I had chicken pox at the age of 26) Expected the x-ray to show it as I had been warned when I contracted it that it would leave scars on my lungs. Fully expected to be sked for further tests but no everything went through OK. Currently awaiting letter for visa - I'm sure everything will be OK - Good Luck
Old Jul 24th 2004, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

sue48 is an unknown quantity at this point

We came over 12 months ago on a temporary sponsored visa and hubby Steve did not have a medical at all. We have now applied for permanent residency and this is when his scarring was discovered. He had to visit the chest clinic in Perth and was seen straight away and given the report too, so it did not delay us submtting our application. (We are still waiting a decision) The Health Undertaking says he has to report to the health authority to which he is referred, undergo any course of treatment or investigation they require, to inform them of any change of address and if he leaves/returns to Oz. We don't really know how this works yet but we will keep you informed if that helps.
We are only waiting for our Oz police clearance before Dimia make the final decision on our application.

Thanks for your reply. What is a Health Undertaking? Also did the fact that your husband had scarring hold up your visa application?
Old Jul 24th 2004, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by sue48
We came over 12 months ago on a temporary sponsored visa and hubby Steve did not have a medical at all. We have now applied for permanent residency and this is when his scarring was discovered. He had to visit the chest clinic in Perth and was seen straight away and given the report too, so it did not delay us submtting our application. (We are still waiting a decision) The Health Undertaking says he has to report to the health authority to which he is referred, undergo any course of treatment or investigation they require, to inform them of any change of address and if he leaves/returns to Oz. We don't really know how this works yet but we will keep you informed if that helps.
We are only waiting for our Oz police clearance before Dimia make the final decision on our application.
Thanks very much for the information. Do keep me informed, as it is a waiting game for ourselves

Regards

Michelle
Old Jul 25th 2004, 11:55 am
Reg. Migration Agent

Originally posted by mlbonner
errrmmmm, I wasn't!
Hi Michelle,

Just seemed like a lot of accumulated knowledge going to waste if you didn't do the agents' course. Only a compliment, maybe I should restrict myself to commenting on the law :-)

Cheers,

George Lombard

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.