Wikiposts

X-ray problem vs immigration

Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Rose12 is on a distinguished road
Default X-ray problem vs immigration

Hello everyone, would like to ask your opinion on that:

When I did my x-ray 6 months ago to have my student visa renewed, an old scare was found on my chest. I did further exams and they found that I had contact with the TB virus when I was a child, although I did not develop the disease (I did not even know that).
They made clear that I did not represent any hazard to anyone as there is no sign of active TB.They gave me the student visa and I agreed to have an undertaken health. I have started a prophylactic treatment and I will take some pills for nine months (they said if I take the treatment I reduce the chances of developing the disease to 5%).
My question for you is:
I am planning to apply for permanent resident next year. Do yo think this problem can make them refuse my application? The doctor said clearly that I do not represent any hazard, but I am still affraid the immigration department do not accept my visa.
What do you think?
Old Oct 25th 2004, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

usmanmalik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: X-ray problem vs immigration

Originally Posted by Rose12
Hello everyone, would like to ask your opinion on that:

When I did my x-ray 6 months ago to have my student visa renewed, an old scare was found on my chest. I did further exams and they found that I had contact with the TB virus when I was a child, although I did not develop the disease (I did not even know that).
They made clear that I did not represent any hazard to anyone as there is no sign of active TB.They gave me the student visa and I agreed to have an undertaken health. I have started a prophylactic treatment and I will take some pills for nine months (they said if I take the treatment I reduce the chances of developing the disease to 5%).
My question for you is:
I am planning to apply for permanent resident next year. Do yo think this problem can make them refuse my application? The doctor said clearly that I do not represent any hazard, but I am still affraid the immigration department do not accept my visa.
What do you think?
I am sure you won't have any problem. I was also diagnosed as having the same problem, when I applied for my Student VISA and I had to sign Health Undertaking. Although, I was never contacted by the Health Authority in Australia and later my X-Ray for Immigration purposes was also clear. I hope that it will be clear this time around as well.

Also, as you are being treated by the Health Authority, there should not be any concerns. I am sure everything will be fine, so don't worry.

Regards
Usman
Old Oct 26th 2004, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Rose12 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: X-ray problem vs immigration

Thanks a lot usman

I talked to the doctor yesterday and he also said I have nothing to be worried about. He said after this treatment I could just forget about TB, since the chances I develop the disease is nearly zero. thanks for your support.

Originally Posted by usmanmalik
I am sure you won't have any problem. I was also diagnosed as having the same problem, when I applied for my Student VISA and I had to sign Health Undertaking. Although, I was never contacted by the Health Authority in Australia and later my X-Ray for Immigration purposes was also clear. I hope that it will be clear this time around as well.

Also, as you are being treated by the Health Authority, there should not be any concerns. I am sure everything will be fine, so don't worry.

Regards
Usman