Wikiposts

Would like to move to Aus

Old Jul 23rd 2004, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Muse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Would like to move to Aus

Hello,
I'd like to move to Australia. I've been looking at my various options on the immigration website, but can't seem to find one which gives me a chance. I'm 29 and have a degree, but my profession only gives me 50 points. When I add up my other points in the points test I can only reach 105, so I guess the skilled independent option is a no go.

I have some very good friends in Australia who said they would be happy to sponsor me, however they aren't relatives so I assume this isn't an option either.

I've been to Australia before on a working holiday visa so I can't do this again with a view to getting company sponsorship.

My profession is a Graphic Designer. Does anyone have any advice on how I might emmigrate, or if I have no chance at all?

Thanks.
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would like to move to Aus

Originally posted by Muse
Hello,
I'd like to move to Australia. I've been looking at my various options on the immigration website, but can't seem to find one which gives me a chance. I'm 29 and have a degree, but my profession only gives me 50 points. When I add up my other points in the points test I can only reach 105, so I guess the skilled independent option is a no go.

I have some very good friends in Australia who said they would be happy to sponsor me, however they aren't relatives so I assume this isn't an option either.

I've been to Australia before on a working holiday visa so I can't do this again with a view to getting company sponsorship.

My profession is a Graphic Designer. Does anyone have any advice on how I might emmigrate, or if I have no chance at all?

Thanks.

Hi Muse

I've sent you a private message.

Graham
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 8:35 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Thanks.

Hi Muse,

A lot of people in your situation choose to upgrade their skills through a course in a 60 point occupation studied in Australia which may lead to PR if carefully chosen.

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 11:53 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Other people choose to study in their home country (especially part time) which has pros and cons vs study in Australia.

If PR is the intention you need to be *very* clear about what you are doing. Many people study with the intention of getting PR and are disappointed when they find themselves ineligible anyway - often due to confusion over visa rules.

Even with the best thought out plan - visa rules can change and you need to accept the risk.

Another option is to find an employer in Australia keen to hire you and sponsor for employer nominated PR. If your skills are really in demand this may be an option - rules for employer PR are easier outside the four main metropolitan areas.

Jeremy

Originally posted by George Lombard
Hi Muse,

A lot of people in your situation choose to upgrade their skills through a course in a 60 point occupation studied in Australia which may lead to PR if carefully chosen.

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 7:45 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Thanks.
Have a look at the link below, might be suitable?

http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=313
Old Jul 24th 2004, 12:04 am
Aussie

sorry there are enough people living here as it is AND there is an
oversupply of aussie labour in the graphic designing/IT industries, so

conclusion = no room for you here

"George Lombard" <member8124@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by Muse
    > > Hello,
    > > I'd like to move to
    > Australia. I've been looking at my various options on the immigration
    > website, but can't seem to find one which gives me a chance. I'm 29 and
    > have a degree, but my profession only gives me 50 points. When I add up
    > my other points in the points test I can only reach 105, so I guess the
    > skilled independent option is a no go.
    > >
    > > I have some very good
    > friends in Australia who said they would be happy to sponsor me, however
    > they aren't relatives so I assume this isn't an option either.
    > >
    > > I've
    > been to Australia before on a working holiday visa so I can't do this
    > again with a view to getting company sponsorship.
    > >
    > > My profession is
    > a Graphic Designer. Does anyone have any advice on how I might
    > emmigrate, or if I have no chance at all?
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > Hi
    > Muse,
    > A lot of people in your situation choose to upgrade their skills
    > through a course in a 60 point occupation studied in Australia which may
    > lead to PR if carefully chosen.
    > Cheers
    > George Lombard
    > www.austimmigration.com.au
    > --
    > www.austimmigration.com.au
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jul 24th 2004, 10:25 am
Mark

Enough people living here already? No more room? Bit of a joker are
you?

Your entitled to your opinion, but remember that some states(South
Australia for one) have a long list of occupations in demand, which
does include some IT skills.

To say there is an oversupply of aussie labour in the IT industry is
clearly not what South Asutralia thinks.

"Aussie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected] >...
    > sorry there are enough people living here as it is AND there is an
    > oversupply of aussie labour in the graphic designing/IT industries, so
    >
    > conclusion = no room for you here