Working visa or permanent residency visa?

Old Sep 26th 2008, 9:19 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light
Default Working visa or permanent residency visa?

Can someone pass on advice on advantages,costs,waiting times ect of these visa options.
We have been here 20 months and my brother in law and girlfriend now want to make the move over too after visiting us a few times.
I think that on a working visa he must be over before he is 30,is that right? and also for permanent residency,she is a nurse so should qualify for that,they are not married but do live together.Does this make a difference?

Old Sep 26th 2008, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working visa or permanent residency visa?

Originally Posted by brido
Can someone pass on advice on advantages,costs,waiting times ect of these visa options.
We have been here 20 months and my brother in law and girlfriend now want to make the move over too after visiting us a few times.
I think that on a working visa he must be over before he is 30,is that right? and also for permanent residency,she is a nurse so should qualify for that,they are not married but do live together.Does this make a difference?

Have a good look through the www.immi.gov.au website. It lists all the options and even has a wizard now to get you started if you want to use it.

As a nurse she'd almost certainly qualify for PR but would have to get her registration / licence to practice over here.

As far as not married goes, he could come over as her de facto but they would have to evidence the relationship. Get them to start keeping and looking for old photo's, bills, invites, holiday bookings etc - anything at all that shows them as a couple.

Don't know much about WHV but I'm pretty sure they have to under 30 and have no dependants.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 7:39 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Working visa or permanent residency visa?

Thanks Safin,i'll pass that on.