British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Working visa to employer sponsrship (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/working-visa-employer-sponsrship-943217/)

thewoods Mar 19th 2022 12:23 pm

Working visa to employer sponsrship

Hi
have employer who will sponsor once arrive in Australia and pass probation
question if I go on working visa , pass probation and employer apply for bridging , can family join in Australia on that bridging visa

another scenario is - wife applied student visa , all family go to Australia , husband passes probation and apply for employer sponsorship , gets bridging does this supersede the student and everyone under bridging 🤔🤔🤔
any help gratefully accepted

Pollyana Mar 19th 2022 5:54 pm

Re: Working visa to employer sponsrship

Originally Posted by thewoods (Post 13102321)
Hi
have employer who will sponsor once arrive in Australia and pass probation
question if I go on working visa , pass probation and employer apply for bridging , can family join in Australia on that bridging visa

Do you mean you go on a Working Holiday Visa?
If you come on a WHV your employer does not then apply for a bridging visa. Your employer could then apply to sponsor you, then you apply for the visa (presumably a 482) once the sponsorship is approved. Your family could be included in the application if the employer agrees. You would then get a Bridging Visa IF your WHV expires before the new visa is granted.
While you are on a WHV you cannot have any dependent children with you. You'd need to check with an agent as to whether your family could then travel to Australia but probably not, as the Bridging Visa would have the conditions of the WHV attached to it.

Originally Posted by thewoods (Post 13102321)
another scenario is - wife applied student visa , all family go to Australia , husband passes probation and apply for employer sponsorship , gets bridging does this supersede the student and everyone under bridging 🤔🤔🤔
any help gratefully accepted
​​​​​​​

The Bridging Visa would not kick in until the student visa expires

Chris_Evans Sep 17th 2022 5:02 pm

The Australian government as of late declared an impermanent unwinding of working hours for those holding student Visas. This implies that student visa can now work for over 40 hours for every fortnight. Student Visa Working Hours for International Students in Australia

"This is an extraordinary drive for every one of our understudies presently on an understudy visa and in Adelaide. This will assist them with acquiring a significant involvement with the workplace while supporting themselves monetarily during this troublesome time," says Nereshnee Shunmugam, CMU-An Overseer of Confirmations and student visa Issues.

spouse of scouse Sep 17th 2022 5:14 pm

For information for international students from the Australian government, rather than a quote from a commercial entity, please see this link https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...t-visa-holders

Chris_Evans Nov 19th 2022 6:17 pm

Can I bring my parents to Australia on student visa?

How to check student visa application status for Australia?

Pollyana Nov 19th 2022 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Chris_Evans (Post 13155530)

No. They need their own visas.

SanDiegogirl Nov 19th 2022 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Chris_Evans (Post 13155530)

How to check student visa application status for Australia?

What are your parents going to study while on student visa .....:rofl: