Wikiposts

working on spouse 457

Old Apr 12th 2012, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all
Default working on spouse 457

Hi, am I able to work in Australia if my OH is on a 457?
would I have to have to undergo any tests, medicals?
Old Apr 12th 2012, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: working on spouse 457

Yes you could work. Not sure on the medicals off hand, but you will have to do whatever your husband has to.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Yes you could work. Not sure on the medicals off hand, but you will have to do whatever your husband has to.
And if you want to teach, a more thorough medical. Spouses of 457 visa holders have no work rights restrictions. Best not to put it on the CV from start though, just say you have unrestricted work rights and then discuss at interview, explaining you intend to get PR in the near future. A lot of employers don't quite understand the different visas and get worried at the mention of temporary visas as they kind of lump all temp visas together. Only explain in more details if asked.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all

He has already mentioned it think he is worried that I wont go to work