From working holiday visa to sponsored.

Old Jul 11th 2016, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

Lufcchockhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default From working holiday visa to sponsored.

Hi everyone,this is my first time posting so I'm just getting used to things here. I couldn't find the information on this so decided to create a post, if already done mods feel free to merge.

I am 29 and turn 30 in September. I have just applied for my WHV to which I hope shouldn't be any problems with.

I dont qualify as a skilled worker as my tickets/qualifications are only as high as NVQ2 so I am only really able to use the WHV.

I work in construction driving heavy plant machinery and I am planning to do the same in Australia. Once I qualify for the second year visa I would then be looking for a company to sponsor me while over there which the goal of becoming a permanent resident.

As a none skilled worker I can only see this as my only option of being to live in Australia permanently.

Anyone with any knowledge or experience on people doing this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 12:23 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From working holiday visa to sponsored.

Originally Posted by Lufcchockhead
Hi everyone,this is my first time posting so I'm just getting used to things here. I couldn't find the information on this so decided to create a post, if already done mods feel free to merge.

I am 29 and turn 30 in September. I have just applied for my WHV to which I hope shouldn't be any problems with.

I dont qualify as a skilled worker as my tickets/qualifications are only as high as NVQ2 so I am only really able to use the WHV.

I work in construction driving heavy plant machinery and I am planning to do the same in Australia. Once I qualify for the second year visa I would then be looking for a company to sponsor me while over there which the goal of becoming a permanent resident.

As a none skilled worker I can only see this as my only option of being to live in Australia permanently.

Anyone with any knowledge or experience on people doing this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, but you would still need to be a skilled worker to be sponsored.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 2:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

As mentioned companies can only sponsor people for occupations on the skilled list. Some of the occupations on the list might not be what you would automatically think of as being skilled though and employer sponsorship is possible without qualification if the job is on the list.

So take a look and make sure you would not fall into any occupation code, I wm not hopeful as drivers do not typically make the list but "operators" sometimes do so you might as well take a look. The list is the CSOL and can be found on the official immigrwtion website.

If you do find you can fit into a category, it is still a long road to permanent residency and you will not qualify on the basis of passage of time alone (as many people seem to think).
Old Jul 11th 2016, 5:04 pm
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lufcchockhead

Thanks in advance.
I spent 3 years on job sites (during the boom, when sites were screaming out for tradestaff) where heavy earthmoving was taking place, and I am 99.99% sure operators were not being sponsored then, so I can't imagine they would be now.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Also, your plant tickets mean nothing in Australia and you would need to re do them - an expensive business on a holiday!