Wikiposts

working holiday visa

Old Jun 26th 2007, 7:24 am
Just Joined

toffeeman620 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default working holiday visa

Hi, I am 25yrs old and currently work as a retail manager for aldi. I really want to move to australia and start a new life. Would i be able to get a working visa for a year and then maybe apply for a longer visa within that year?

My girlfriend may be going over there with her parents however we dont qualify for the de facto relationship.

Please advise me

Thankyou

David
Old Jun 26th 2007, 2:53 pm
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of
Default Re: working holiday visa

Originally Posted by toffeeman620
Hi, I am 25yrs old and currently work as a retail manager for aldi. I really want to move to australia and start a new life. Would i be able to get a working visa for a year and then maybe apply for a longer visa within that year?

My girlfriend may be going over there with her parents however we dont qualify for the de facto relationship.

Please advise me

Thankyou

David

Yes you would be able to get a WHV so long as you havent already had one. Once you are here working its alot easier to find an employer to sponsor you or get the necessary experience and skills to apply for a longer visa. Its a great way of seeing the country and if you like the way of life.

You dont say if your g/f is australian or not. If she is not then she can get a WHV as well and you can build on the relationship, if she already is then if you spend the year together and prove it then there may be a chance for a de-facto visa in time.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 3:12 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: working holiday visa

Hi David,

Not sure what the situation is with your girlfriend.....if you are saying that she may be getting permanent residency (if she isnt already a PR or citizen) soon then once this happens you could join her in Oz for 12months on a WHMV. I did something very similar with my partner. You'd need to be very careful though to ensure that you had fully 12months of good evidence i.e. it would be best for you guys to be living in your own place with both your names on the lease....maintain joint finances etc.

At the end of the 12 months you could apply for a partner visa and this is a very straightforward and quick process.

Cheers,

Bazza