Wikiposts

Working Holiday Visa

Old Jul 1st 2004, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Big Ears is on a distinguished road
Default Working Holiday Visa

Does anyone know whether whilst travelling to Australia from the UK on a working holiday is it possible to travel to Sydney on a one-way ticket.

Any info would be gratefully received.

Big Ears
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 2:37 am
Just Joined

Bingin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working Holiday Visa

Originally posted by Big Ears
Does anyone know whether whilst travelling to Australia from the UK on a working holiday is it possible to travel to Sydney on a one-way ticket.

Big Ears
Yep I did it - but that was 10 years ago... so check with someone more current
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 2:43 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Seven years ago...Yes, so your getting closer.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Yep, in 1999…closer still

Had proved I had enough savings to get a ticket back though.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 6:50 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Big Ears
have a look at this, our son came out with us on a single ticket and wasnt aske dhow much he had in the bank. this was 8 weeks ago.
http://www.workoz.com/home.php?page_id=10
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 7:57 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Big Ears
Alright bigears?

Did the same in 2001, didn't have any problems on a one year working holiday visa.

My brother did the same and after the one year visa expired he wanted to exit Australia and re enter on a tourist visa for a 3 month period. He did need to have an out going flight on that instance.

Good luck and have fun, you'll love it!!
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 8:19 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by claire edwards
Alright bigears?

Did the same in 2001, didn't have any problems on a one year working holiday visa.

My brother did the same and after the one year visa expired he wanted to exit Australia and re enter on a tourist visa for a 3 month period. He did need to have an out going flight on that instance.

Good luck and have fun, you'll love it!!
can u have an OPEN out going ticket. or does it need to have a date u wish to leave on it.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 10:54 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by soapy
can u have an OPEN out going ticket. or does it need to have a date u wish to leave on it.

I had a ticket with a flexible date on it. I had more problems going in and out of New Zealand whilst in OZ than I did initially entering the country. Was never asked for funds, just proof I was leaving eventually (and now I'm going back! )
Old Jul 4th 2004, 2:56 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally posted by mlbonner
I had a ticket with a flexible date on it. I had more problems going in and out of New Zealand whilst in OZ than I did initially entering the country. Was never asked for funds, just proof I was leaving eventually (and now I'm going back! )
did u have to leave every 3 months?
Old Jul 4th 2004, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

darkstone1975 is an unknown quantity at this point

One way ticket is no problems
Was never asked about how much money I had in the bank
and I am here in Australia since last July.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 6:30 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

No, I was on a WHV, just went skiing in NZ whilst I was out there.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 12:56 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Howdy!

With a working holiday visa (Australian) you have to enter the country within a certain amount of time, usually within the year of the visa being given to you. Once you enter Australia you have a year - if you leave say to NZ then go back into Australia, your WHV's time will still be ticking. So you only have a year from the date of entry to Australia.

Re Updating every three months.....With places like Thailand you have a three month tourist visa issued on entry into the country, so if you want to stay longer than the 3 months, you have to leave and re enter to obtain a further three months - this is completly different to a WHV - this is only what I experienced with Thailand though.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 1:43 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally posted by claire edwards
Howdy!

Re Updating every three months.....With places like Thailand you have a three month tourist visa issued on entry into the country, so if you want to stay longer than the 3 months, you have to leave and re enter to obtain a further three months - this is completly different to a WHV - this is only what I experienced with Thailand though.
thank you claire, u answered the question i was trying to ask.