Working Holiday Restrictions??

Old Sep 3rd 2010, 10:13 am
Just Joined

jplusj123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working Holiday Restrictions??

Hi Guys! I'm on a working holiday visa at the moment, applied for a spouse visa with my partner about 3 months ago, However just found out i only have a few days left before i loose my job because of the 6 month rule, is there any way around this because i'm only a casual employee??? or does it not apply to me because of the spouse bridging visa etc... Bit confused!! any help or advice would be great thanks
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 10:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working Holiday Restrictions??

Originally Posted by jplusj123
Hi Guys! I'm on a working holiday visa at the moment, applied for a spouse visa with my partner about 3 months ago, However just found out i only have a few days left before i loose my job because of the 6 month rule, is there any way around this because i'm only a casual employee??? or does it not apply to me because of the spouse bridging visa etc... Bit confused!! any help or advice would be great thanks
Á bridging visa generally has the same conditions as the previous visa, butt it might be worth going into a DIAC office and asking if there is any way round the work restriction. Don't ring the helpline, they won't be able to do anything, you'll need to go into the office.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 10:59 am
Just Joined

jplusj123 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the Advice mate, i shall try and get into the office asap!! Thanks again !
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 11:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jplusj123
thanks for the Advice mate, i shall try and get into the office asap!! Thanks again !
Take any evidence you have that will help to show that if you have to leave your current job it could cause financial hardship, as thats what will sway the decision if anything - details of rental contracts etc that show you have commitments - and good luck