Working Holiday! First time!

Old Aug 19th 2011, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

89MazzaUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working Holiday! First time!

Hey guys! First of all, my name is Matt, first time poster here

So long story short, I'm twenty one, and wanting to see the world before I settle down completely.

And so, talking to a few people, I've decided I want to travel to Austrailia for a year with a friend - we've only gone as far as deciding we want to go early next year, so really, I'm just looking for advice, tips, on it all from people who've gone over to work and travel on the same working holiday visa.

So, yeah, whats it like? I've heard there are agencies that will find you accomodation and the like for when you arrive, if that's not the case, what did you do when you landed in Aus?

Sorry, there's a million questions flying around my head, but I'm too excited to really get them out haha. Just some general advice, things to bare in mind, costs, etc, would be so greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time and any help you can offer!

Matt.
Old Aug 20th 2011, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working Holiday! First time!

Best place for each of you to apply for the working holiday visa is on the DIAC (Australian immigration) website.

There are companies that you can use, which organise up to 7 nights accommodation along with other group activities during that time. Some people use them and find it useful, others think it's expensive and not much point. Up to you really - however you could easily book accommodation online before you go, and youth hostels will have information on what to do, and other people in the same boat as you.

Particularly if you are in Sydney, but other cities too, youth hostels also often have job boards, as well as house-share boards. Travellers Contact Point is a good resource too for these things.