Working on bridging visa

Old Apr 9th 2018, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Dondons1uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working on bridging visa

One reason was to do with time to move once granted and people not being able to do so in such a short turnaround and a rise in special dispensations
Old Apr 9th 2018, 3:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dondons1uk
One reason was to do with time to move once granted and people not being able to do so in such a short turnaround and a rise in special dispensations
Time to move once granted is 12 months from meds/police checks Quick grants give more time to move if people frontload.

Certainly seems to be an odd statement based on what everyone else is posting on forums, and its unusual to see an agent recommending going as a tourist and applying onshore......

Wonder what they are planning to do, sit on all offshore applications for a year, with no grants?
Old Apr 9th 2018, 6:20 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Would be interesting to hear from other reputable agents who regularly post on BE, as they would have access to the same information as yours. I wonder what the 'various reasons' are?
Digging around for details as we speak........
Old Apr 9th 2018, 7:44 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Digging around for details as we speak........
Good on you Polly
Old Apr 9th 2018, 9:03 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Right I spoke to MARA registered agents today who are a branch off a very reputable firm I know in London.

The advice I was given about applying on shore is valid and fine.

He said he would have said apply offshore a few weeks ago as they were going through quick BUT there was a meeting at High commission today and they’ve been told from now on will be in line with stated publishing times for various reasons.

So now given we’ve got a deadline to go he wouldn’t suggest it.
Did he give you advice on what you do if you are turned back in the event that DIBP thinks you are not a genuine tourist?
Old Apr 10th 2018, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Did he give you advice on what you do if you are turned back in the event that DIBP thinks you are not a genuine tourist?
The previous solicitor said never happens

I’m going to instruct a solicitor now. Do
You wonderful people have recommendations?
Old Apr 10th 2018, 1:15 pm
Home and Happy

It can - and does - happen.

Personal recommendation would be George Lombard
Old Apr 10th 2018, 9:58 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

It can and it does. When you rock up to the border on your ETA what are you going to say is the purpose of your trip?

I don't know why you wouldn't just apply now for the baby's passport and the correct visa for you. And I will second Poll's recommended agent in George.
Old Apr 11th 2018, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

IT isn't a solicitor you want. It is a registered migration agent. The two are totally different.
Old Apr 11th 2018, 7:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by verystormy
IT isn't a solicitor you want. It is a registered migration agent. The two are totally different.
He is a registered agent not a solicitor. I just used the wrong terminology
Old Apr 11th 2018, 7:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
It can and it does. When you rock up to the border on your ETA what are you going to say is the purpose of your trip?

I don't know why you wouldn't just apply now for the baby's passport and the correct visa for you. And I will second Poll's recommended agent in George.
There were various reasons and that’s what we were advised to do by a MARA agent.

We are now making an application.