Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Working in Australia Cryogenic Gas Test Technician

Working in Australia Cryogenic Gas Test Technician

Old Apr 24th 2015, 10:56 am
Just Joined

dazza1972 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working in Australia Cryogenic Gas Test Technician

Hi,this is my first post on here although i joined 8 months ago.My name is Darren and i live in the U.K.I visited Australia last year and fell in love with the place straight away and there and then decided I wanted to move out there.I knew it would be difficult but wow not this hard?I have worked for a leading valve manufacturing company which is world renowned for it's work.My job is a cryogenic gas test technician.We do a lot of work for the gas and oil companies around the world.I would be grateful for any advice on how to possibly get a sponsorship with a company or a skilled migrant visa. I want full time employment.Thank you in advance in helping me to realise my dream move.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working in Australia Cryogenic Gas Test Technician

The starting point is immi.gov.au and look to at the two lists of occupatjons. These are known as the SOL and CSOL. To be eligible for a skilled visa or even sponsorship, your occupation needs to be on one of the lists.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

As that is a very specific job, I think you would have to find out what broader category it falls in to on the skills list. SOL or CSOL.

It might be that you need some 'help' of a sponsor to find the right category and go down the 457 route initially, or if you are still young enough, get a working holiday visa then go door knocking when you get here. Companies like Hydratight have been advising for bolt tensioning technicians and the like on seek.com.au lately. But no mention of sponsorship. Maybe make some phone calls to the bolt tensioning and valve service companies in Perth to see what the score is?
Old Apr 27th 2015, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

Thanks very much for your efforts sincerely appreciated
Old Apr 27th 2015, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

Thank you i do appreciate it