Wikiposts

Work Visa

Old Nov 7th 2007, 7:33 pm
Banned

romeo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work Visa

Hi everyone;
I was wondering since I am assessed by IEAUST as a porfessional civil engineer and can't apply for a PR Visa (175) right now because I have one IELTS skill under 6, if I could switch to some kind of work or sponsored visa. I have heard if I can get through Employer Sponsored Visa then the IELTS will be waivered. all comments would be wormly welcomed.
I have to mention I'm from Iran ad have no idea how Australian Employers accept Middle eastern countries.

Thanks a million
Old Nov 7th 2007, 11:48 pm
Lifestyle Development

balkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Work Visa

Hi Romeo,

I would strongly suggest, if I understand correctly, that you are under 6.0 for one IELTS band, then study and do again? IELTS has become very important, or other alternative is to go to Oz and study English and research opportunities? Also online study available.

What industry have you worked in? Oz mining, resources and processing industry is screaming out for engineers.

let me know, ciao Andrew

PS Friend Hedieh in Tehran is writing up our Farsi webpage, Persians in Europe
Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:14 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by balkanghost
Hi Romeo,

I would strongly suggest, if I understand correctly, that you are under 6.0 for one IELTS band, then study and do again? IELTS has become very important, or other alternative is to go to Oz and study English and research opportunities? Also online study available.

What industry have you worked in? Oz mining, resources and processing industry is screaming out for engineers.

let me know, ciao Andrew

PS Friend Hedieh in Tehran is writing up our Farsi webpage, Persians in Europe
Hi andrew:

thanks for your comment.

I'm a civil engineer. Do you think australian employees actually sponsor egineers from Middle east especially from Iran.

Thanks
Old Nov 9th 2007, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

sherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nice

I have come across quite a number of Iranians here and theres not enough graduate engineers so may be worth a try, certainly lot of demand in SE QLD for civil engineers as lots of new roads, bridges, etc

However might be worth getting some IELTS tuition, have you tried www.scottsenglish.com they may well be able to help improve your score

You really need to compare if its not better to improve your IELTS to get PR as many employer sponsorships are initially only temp visas and a permanent visa is always a better option if you qualify.

Sherie
www.migratemates.com
MARN 0639618
Old Nov 10th 2007, 10:08 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by sherie_in_oz
I have come across quite a number of Iranians here and theres not enough graduate engineers so may be worth a try, certainly lot of demand in SE QLD for civil engineers as lots of new roads, bridges, etc

However might be worth getting some IELTS tuition, have you tried www.scottsenglish.com they may well be able to help improve your score

You really need to compare if its not better to improve your IELTS to get PR as many employer sponsorships are initially only temp visas and a permanent visa is always a better option if you qualify.

Sherie
www.migratemates.com
MARN 0639618
Thanks a lot Sherie
I'll definitely take a look.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 1:47 am
Lifestyle Development

balkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the rough

Being Iranian is not an issue, about 1000 Iranian post grad students study in Australia, mostly in the engineering and/or business field...many end up with permanent residency if they satisfy requirements, and there is also a Working Holiday Visa scheme supervised by Australian and Iranian govts.

Unfortunately Iranians generally assume they cannot get a visa for Oz, untrue, we just had one who was studying in Hungary, commence in Sydney