Wikiposts

work references

Old Jun 29th 2009, 4:38 am
Just Joined

nigel and marie is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry work references

can anybody advice us on our situation we have applied for 175 visa but we are having problems with a work reference. from one of my employers i worked for this employer for 4years. i have asked the company if they would kindly do a letter stating my employment dates and duties. they have refused we are now in limbo we have rang the tax office asking them if they would send us proof of income that i worked there the only thing other then the tax proof is people that still work at this company please can any one advice please
Old Jun 29th 2009, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice
Default Re: work references

Originally Posted by nigel and marie
can anybody advice us on our situation we have applied for 175 visa but we are having problems with a work reference. from one of my employers i worked for this employer for 4years. i have asked the company if they would kindly do a letter stating my employment dates and duties. they have refused we are now in limbo we have rang the tax office asking them if they would send us proof of income that i worked there the only thing other then the tax proof is people that still work at this company please can any one advice please
you could submit a statutory declaration, explaining the scenario. Also get much recommendations as possible from your colleagues, salary slips, letter of appointment, any other correspondence you received from the company.

all the best
Old Jun 29th 2009, 5:19 am
Banned

Mukesam is an unknown quantity at this point

Why the hell an employer can refuse such a thing. Its your right and they must provide you an exp letter stating your duties and dates. Its not only illegal but immoral and unethical as well. So sad for you.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 5:22 am
Just Joined

nigel and marie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: work references

thanks but we don't have any pay slips or a letter of appointment. i do have a training certificate with the companys name on it i don't know what else we could provide.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mukesam
Why the hell an employer can refuse such a thing. Its your right and they must provide you an exp letter stating your duties and dates. Its not only illegal but immoral and unethical as well. So sad for you.
that advice would'nt help to convince the CO.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

thanks but we don't have any pay slips or a letter of appointment. i do have a training certificate with the companys name on it i don't know what else we could provide.
It is not a rare incident where employers refuse reference letter, and DIAC is well aware of this, and if you have honestly worked at this place then all you have to do the get a SD done, mention all the work you have done in detail, and do mention that you are forwarding a SD because your employer refuse to give a reference letter,
better consult an agent if your are not familiar with SD.

take care
Old Jun 29th 2009, 6:07 am
Banned

Mukesam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shafanm
that advice would'nt help to convince the CO.
That was a comment, not an advise. I could not stop expressing my self. This was such a ridiculous and shameful act on behalf of an employer.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 6:39 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

You can get duplicate payslips, I've had to in the past....
Old Jun 29th 2009, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

Would your line manager be prepared to sign a reference letter if you type it out yourself? We did that for my OH. Put it on their letter head and got his manager to just sign on the dotted line to say he agreed with the reference. Is there someone still at the company who you are on good terms with?

Otherwise a statutory declaration explaining the situation. It may also help to keep pressing them for a reference but keep all letters and emails and a log of the activity so you can show DIAC that you have tried but failed.

Old Jun 29th 2009, 7:26 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for jumping onto this thread with a question of my own, but I've been in my current teaching post for the past 5 years, next year being my 6th, the school I was @ previously, I was at for 3 years. Will DIAC require a reference from them also? Kind of ironic that I'm only thinking of this now as the academic year ends tomorrow here in Northern Ireland, OOPSIES.... Be curious to know if I do need this reference and I'll get working on gaining it ASAP....
Old Jun 29th 2009, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Gtrotter will become famous soon enough

Doubt it did you claims points based on the previous experience? I could only give detailed references with my current employer. My previous employer was a professional firm whom has policy of only giving standard start/end date references (risk averse bean counters ). This was acceptable by my CO as I did not need the points from the previous employer anyway.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

If you make up your work experience required by DIAC with your current employer as you do Jen then I would say no you don't need a reference from your other employers. You will probably need to submit payslips and tax return's (P60's) etc for your other employers to prove that you did work in your field for the length of time you say you did on your application and that should be sufficient.

Old Jun 29th 2009, 7:37 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
If you make up your work experience required by DIAC with your current employer as you do Jen then I would say no you don't need a reference from your other employers. You will probably need to submit payslips and tax return's (P60's) etc for your other employers to prove that you did work in your field for the length of time you say you did on your application and that should be sufficient.

9 years of payslips!?!??! lol I know I'm a hoarder, but I'm not that bad lol I have P60's going back a good few years, so as long as I've p60's covering the duration of my teaching career I hope that'd be fine. Also I've worked for DENI (Dept of Ed NI) for the whole of those 9 years and they provided me with a letter which I uploaded @ the time of submission of visa app, outlining that I'd been teaching for the past 9 years. Fingers crossed that'll suffice...
Old Jun 29th 2009, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mukesam
That was a comment, not an advise. I could not stop expressing my self. This was such a ridiculous and shameful act on behalf of an employer.
Take it easy mate, their world has good as well as bad, ugly, and selfish SOB's.
but If you have the will there is a way to come out of it.

cheers.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Jen,
I would get references from all your previous teaching jobs. As you may need them to get the right pay scale here.
Hubby was told (in WA) without them he would start at the bottom of the payscale
Not good if you have been teaching many years, was a right pain to get references from 12years ago.

Gems

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.