Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Work permit to a permanent visa is this possible?

Wikiposts

Work permit to a permanent visa is this possible?

Old Jun 25th 2007, 2:52 am
Just Joined

eleanorjarvis will become famous soon enougheleanorjarvis will become famous soon enough
Smile Work permit to a permanent visa is this possible?

Im thinking of moving over to oz asap but cant get the permanent visa as i haven’t got enough work experience so could anyone tell me if i could sell up and move over to oz then get a permanent visa though the work permit.:embaressed_smile:
Old Jun 25th 2007, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Work permit to a permanent visa is this possible?

Originally Posted by eleanorjarvis
could sell up and move over to oz then get a permanent visa though the work permit.:embaressed_smile:
You would need to supply more information.

However if the work gained in OZ will give you enough points to get a Permanent visa at the time of applying, then yes you could get it*.

If you have looked at the permanent visa what do you score and what visa are you looking at.

* - You could get rejected for some reason even though you past the points
Old Nov 30th 2007, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

pipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nice
Default Re: Work permit to a permanent visa is this possible?

Originally Posted by eleanorjarvis
Im thinking of moving over to oz asap but cant get the permanent visa as i haven’t got enough work experience so could anyone tell me if i could sell up and move over to oz then get a permanent visa though the work permit.:embaressed_smile:
If by work permit you mean WHV then yes, you can go to Australia and search for sponsorship although this is difficult. If you do find a sponsor you will need the 457 Business Visa aka sponsorship . The 457 visa ties you to the job you are sponsored for, but this can be transferred between jobs as long as your new employer wishes to sponsor you too. Good luck