Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Work Experience Requirement/Requests for Documentation

Work Experience Requirement/Requests for Documentation

Old Jun 26th 2008, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice
Default Work Experience Requirement/Requests for Documentation

Hi all,

Just browsing through some threads and have some new concerns to add to my growing list! The longer the wait, the greater the paranoia...

At my time of application (March 2008) I met the work experience requirement for my visa (176) ie. 12 out of the past 24 months. I've mostly been travelling since then and have got the fear that if I don't get a case officer for another 6-12 months, I might drop out of eligibility and have to start from scratch. Is there anyone on the forum that can put my fears to rest and confirm that no matter what happens post-application, as long as I met the requirement at the time of application I will remain eligible?

Secondly - I see some people have had to provide payslips etc. dating back as far as 4 years to prove their work experience. Does anyone have any stories to tell regarding requests for additional paperwork/calls to employers etc. once they have been allocated a case officer?

Many thanks,

Ms Paranoid
Old Jun 26th 2008, 2:16 am

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Work Experience Requirement/Requests for Documentation

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
At my time of application (March 2008) I met the work experience requirement for my visa (176) ie. 12 out of the past 24 months. I've mostly been travelling since then and have got the fear that if I don't get a case officer for another 6-12 months, I might drop out of eligibility and have to start from scratch. Is there anyone on the forum that can put my fears to rest and confirm that no matter what happens post-application, as long as I met the requirement at the time of application I will remain eligible?
Hello,

The work experience requirement for a subclass 176 visa is a requirement that must be met at the time of application (rather than at the time of decision of your application). After you have submitted your application, changes in your employment will not affect whether or not you meet this requirement.

Cheers

Sara Brownell
Old Jun 26th 2008, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

sailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
Hi all,

Just browsing through some threads and have some new concerns to add to my growing list! The longer the wait, the greater the paranoia...

Secondly - I see some people have had to provide payslips etc. dating back as far as 4 years to prove their work experience. Does anyone have any stories to tell regarding requests for additional paperwork/calls to employers etc. once they have been allocated a case officer?

Many thanks,

Ms Paranoid
You can be a bum from day one, post-lodgment, and you still meet the visa requirements.

Last edited by sailechz; Jun 26th 2008 at 2:39 am.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 9:57 am
Just Joined

flowersfordaisy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I have nearly finished my 12 months recent work experience and will be applying for the 176 visa, sponsored by the GVM.
I am sef-employed and earn aboove the national average, i have done one tax return and have an accountant also paying in to the bank what i earnt.
Is this sufficent?
I guess it would have been easier to be employed! But too late now.

Thankyou, if you can help
Daisy
Old Jun 27th 2008, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by sailechz
You can be a bum from day one, post-lodgment, and you still meet the visa requirements.
hahaha! Thanks - that is pretty much what I've been doing
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 4:13 am
Just Joined

lilyjules is an unknown quantity at this point

have fun bumming around! <------ Jealous!!!