Wikiposts

Work experience proof question.

Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

NKKK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work experience proof question.

Hi,
I have a question aboud the work experience documents to include with the application.

In the "Booklet 6" it says :
o Obtain evidences, such as employment references and detailed duty statements covering the required period.

..... it is explained here how the employment references should be ...

o For you to receive these points, documentary evidence should be included with your application.

I will certainly get a reference letters from my employers stating the duties I held in that position.

The question is do I need anything else? What do they mean when they say "documentary evidence should be included with your application"?

Thank you
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

KenJan333 will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: Work experience proof question.

Originally Posted by NKKK
Hi,
I have a question aboud the work experience documents to include with the application.

In the "Booklet 6" it says :
o Obtain evidences, such as employment references and detailed duty statements covering the required period.

..... it is explained here how the employment references should be ...

o For you to receive these points, documentary evidence should be included with your application.

I will certainly get a reference letters from my employers stating the duties I held in that position.

The question is do I need anything else? What do they mean when they say "documentary evidence should be included with your application"?

Thank you
Hi

If you have read my recent thread, you will see that I am experiencing similar problem re employment evidence, but I see you will not have the same problem re references.

Firstly, make sure that the letters from your employers state, the exact period of employment, whether full-time, part-time, permanent or temporary, position held, at least 5 main duties undetaken and salary earned. It should be written on letterheaded paper with the company name, address, telephone numbers etc clearly written on it. This is the problem I am having as, although I have various references, they do not state clearly these requirements and my employers are now getting suspicious as to what I am up to.

You should also include payslips from your current employer.

As far as I can gather from replies to my thread, you can also send a properly witnessed Statutory Declaration detailing work done, start dates etc.

Another thing you could send is a print out of your National Insurance Contributions, which details any contributions made since 1975 and evidences tax paid, NI, companies worked for etc ( Ours was 45 pages long, so you are supplied with a lot of info). Remember though, that this information is Data Protected and you have to ask for it in writing. We live in Scotland and had to write to Inland Revenue/National Insurance Office in Newcastle upon Tyne, so I presume it is the same place that deals with all of the UK. Their telephone number is 0191 225 7575. If you phone them they will give you the format to write requesting this info. It takes about 2-3 weeks for stuff to get sent though.

We are only sending our TRA assessment off this week, but all going well we also intend to claim extra points from DIMIA under 'Specific Work Experience' when we apply for the visa. I presume you are already at the visa stage? I will watch the forum with interest to find out how you get on.

Hope this helps.

Jan