IT work experience

Old Sep 6th 2010, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

parlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really nice
Question IT work experience

Hi all,

Could someone please confirm that the required post graduation work experience in IT by the ACS is down from 4 yrs to 2 yrs?

Many thanks.
Old Sep 6th 2010, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

RadarControl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IT work experience

I'm not an expert by any stretch but I believe it is dependent on our degree. If your degree had a major in ICT in a highly relevant field to the nominated occupation and at least two (2) years of full time professional ICT work experience in a field closely related to the nominated occupation, completed in the seven (7) years before the date of application for Skills Assessment. Based on this you would get positive letter from ACS. The further away your degree goes from ICT the more work experience you require.

My skills assessment went to ACS today so will let you know in a couple of weeks what the definite requirement is. I have Bachelor of Science in Information Technology and TeleCommunications, Microsoft Certified System Administrator, Cisco Certified Network Associate and three years experience as a System Administrator.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 4:25 am
Reg. Migration Agent

SD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really nice

Originally Posted by parlex
Hi all,

Could someone please confirm that the required post graduation work experience in IT by the ACS is down from 4 yrs to 2 yrs?

Many thanks.
Hello Parlex,
You are correct. In some cases 2 years professional level work experience is sufficient. Click here to go to the relevant document.

Regards
Old Sep 7th 2010, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

parlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really nice

Many thanks for your feedback guys! Much appreciated.

RadarControl please keep us updated!... I am in a similar situation with a BSc in Information Systems Technology and working as a system admin for the past two years...

Cheers
Old Sep 7th 2010, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

imranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for your feedback guys! Much appreciated.

RadarControl please keep us updated!... I am in a similar situation with a BSc in Information Systems Technology and working as a system admin for the past two years...

Cheers
I am also a computer science graduate. In my case ACS required min 4 years of experience.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by imranprogrammer
I am also a computer science graduate. In my case ACS required min 4 years of experience.
Okay... back to square one...

Can you tell us when was that?

I know that three months ago the minimum requirement was 4 years in IT industry with at least 1 year with the nominated ASCO code...
Old Sep 7th 2010, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

imranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond repute

Okay... back to square one...

Can you tell us when was that?

I know that three months ago the minimum requirement was 4 years in IT industry with at least 1 year with the nominated ASCO code...
I applied 9 months ago and that time minimum requirement was 4 years with 1year in relevant ASCO code.
I do apology if my information is obsolete now.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

Hi all,

Many thanks.
it is either 2 or 4 years,

my understanding is, if you degree is a computer science degree, and you working within software engineer or developer then its 2.

if you have a computer science degree but working as business analyst, then you need 4 years
Old Sep 8th 2010, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wookiee06
it is either 2 or 4 years,

my understanding is, if you degree is a computer science degree, and you working within software engineer or developer then its 2.

if you have a computer science degree but working as business analyst, then you need 4 years
Wrong !
My degree is computer science and I am working as a software engineer.
I was required to show 4 years of exp.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 5:44 am
Reg. Migration Agent

SD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really nice

Wrong !
My degree is computer science and I am working as a software engineer.
I was required to show 4 years of exp.
Hello Imran,
In fact Wookie is correct. From 1st July 2010 the requirements were changed. You can click here to see the current criteria.

Regards
Old Sep 8th 2010, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SD_MOA
Hello Imran,
In fact Wookie is correct. From 1st July 2010 the requirements were changed. You can click here to see the current criteria.

Regards
Thanks for the updated information sir.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

FutureOz2016 is an unknown quantity at this point

Applicants must provide evidence that they have a qualification assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor (undergraduate) degree or Graduate Diploma or higher degree level qualification with a major in ICT in a highly relevant field to the nominated occupation
What happens if the degree's largely in IT (with some Maths modules) and the occupation's IT support/admin. But the IT content of the degree is a mixture of programming, databases, user interface design?

Last edited by FutureOz2016; Sep 8th 2010 at 8:28 am.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

abrahamin is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: IT work experience

Dear SD_MOA,
One of my friend is also in same situation. He has 16 years of eduction and his final degree is 2 yrs Master's degree in Computer Science(all majors in software engineering). He has 3.25 yrs of relevant experience. Can he apply for ACS assessment without using RPL route?

Originally Posted by SD_MOA
Hello Parlex,
You are correct. In some cases 2 years professional level work experience is sufficient. Click here to go to the relevant document.

Regards
Old Sep 8th 2010, 10:11 am
Reg. Migration Agent

Thanks for the updated information sir.
No problem
Old Sep 8th 2010, 10:14 am
Reg. Migration Agent

Originally Posted by FutureOz2016
What happens if the degree's largely in IT (with some Maths modules) and the occupation's IT support/admin. But the IT content of the degree is a mixture of programming, databases, user interface design?
As this criteria has only been in place since 1st July the detail is largely untested. But from what you state in your post it sounds like you would be needing 4 years experience.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.