Wikiposts

work experience

Old Jul 13th 2009, 2:59 am
Just Joined

Bjoernman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default work experience

hi forum,

first of all, im glad that i found such a forum.

i have got a question to the work experience which i need to demonstrate for the skilled independent visa (175).

i work as a registered nurse in aged care. i work exactly 80 hours per month. as i know the requirement for the siv is at least 20 hours per week.
but the problem is that i don`t work exactly 20 hours per week but one week 16 hours another week 24 hours and so on.
in the end, my average is 20 hours per week with 80 hours per month worked (divided by 4 weeks).
is it possible that i get any problems when i apply for the siv(175)? or do the diac accept the average 20 hours requirement?

thank you very much

bjoern
Old Jul 13th 2009, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

australia_im is on a distinguished road
Default Re: work experience

Originally Posted by Bjoernman
hi forum,

i have got a question to the work experience which i need to demonstrate for the skilled independent visa (175).

i work as a registered nurse in aged care. i work exactly 80 hours per month. as i know the requirement for the siv is at least 20 hours per week.
but the problem is that i don`t work exactly 20 hours per week but one week 16 hours another week 24 hours and so on.
in the end, my average is 20 hours per week with 80 hours per month worked (divided by 4 weeks).
is it possible that i get any problems when i apply for the siv(175)? or do the diac accept the average 20 hours requirement?

thank you very much

bjoern
Yes....
Old Jul 13th 2009, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bjoernman
hi forum,

thank you very much

bjoern
I am not sure how it is phrased in your countract, but based on your stated hours I think your employer should be able to provide you with a reference letter stating that you work 20 hours a week average. It is fact and if you look at the payment slips it works out like that too.

I hope some others in part-time positions will provide feedback to strengthen this view.

Cheers,
Sylvia
Old Jul 14th 2009, 3:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by australia_im
Yes....
do you mean "yes" I get problems? what are your arguments for this answer? do you have any experience with it? would be nice if you could give me some more information.

thanks

bjoern
Old Jul 14th 2009, 3:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by eurosyl
I am not sure how it is phrased in your countract, but based on your stated hours I think your employer should be able to provide you with a reference letter stating that you work 20 hours a week average. It is fact and if you look at the payment slips it works out like that too.

I hope some others in part-time positions will provide feedback to strengthen this view.

Cheers,
Sylvia
hi sylvia

exactly that is the case. in my contract it is stated that i work 20 h per week. it is not stated how it is distributed over the month.

it really would be interesting which experience other people have made or which knowledge they have about that subject.

so please tell me.

thanks a lot

bjoern