Work Experience

Old Jan 28th 2008, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

gsmemon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work Experience

Hi Everyone,

will i get direct PR if i start doing work in my occupation till i apply for PR. am i eligible to get MODL points for the year ill be working for the company.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

swami is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Work Experience

Hi,

I would suggest you can give a little more clarity about your case, so that the forum members can assist you well.

In a nutshell you should have good amount of experience with a recognized qualification for getting a PR

Swami
Old Jan 28th 2008, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

I am a accounting student, finishing my studies in nov this year. i have got a paid job as volunteer accountant in CPA firm. so will i get the points for that job if i stick with same firm for 12 months or till nov 2008 is that experience counted in my TR time.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 3:10 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

AFAIK, DIAC and assessing authorities only count *paid* employment - the experience is counted as full-time (pro-rated if you work p/t) and is only considered prior to application date.
NJ
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:21 am
Just Joined

this volunteer work is paid and it is part time 20 hrs/week during my studies.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gsmemon
this volunteer work is paid and it is part time 20 hrs/week during my studies.
Hi,

Over on a student visa too and looking into this ourselves tho hubbies just started the course.

TRA 900 hours specifics is on their website, from what i can make out, any work that is evidenced and related closely enough to studies is fine, also vocationonal placement (dunno if this counts for u, but does for hubbie) may be considered too.

Skilled visa, I took it as (though feel free to correct) that as long as a full year i.e. 52 weeks was completed over the (think it was 2 years) and at least 20 hours per week paid employment in relevant field.

As I said, just the way I read it, but all info on the websites.

Cheers
Mandy

p.s. I was expecting to apply for bridging visa or graduate skilled (covering visa whilst waiting), cant remember which, and skilled for PR at the same time, i.e. on completion of the course if the above has been covered.

Last edited by mandyp; Jan 29th 2008 at 10:27 am.