WOO HOO I have a CO - Feb 09 Applicant

Old Sep 7th 2009, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

sarahhartopp will become famous soon enoughsarahhartopp will become famous soon enough
Default WOO HOO I have a CO - Feb 09 Applicant

Firstly WOO HOO
recieved an email today from my case officer (didnt no i had one) saying that at presnt i do not meet the pass markl due to my IELTS results, so it looks like all my other documents have been check and they are happy with and this is the only outstanding one. the issue is in decemeber last year i sat a General Training IELTS as that was all tha i was required to do which i paid £100 for and i passed sent it the the Australian nursing council who also were happy andhad my skills assesed and agreed, so then i added it onto my main visa application to gain 10 extra points. since then however it seems that they have changed the rules and for nurses (not sure about other professions) and we now have to sit the Academic IELTS, so i am going to call Australia (my case officer) tonight and confirm this, but what a pisser !!!!! i spent £100 to prove that i can speak and write and read English even though i am british born and bread and have been to school, college and university and have a nursing job for 18 months yet because they have changed the rules since i have done my test i have to pay £105 to sit another test !!!! Unbelievable !!!!

Can people just clairfy that they believe this to be correct and silly question but do you think i would get my £100 back from the first test or is that just me being silly !!!!

Not sure what the Academic test is about any ideas do they do mock/practice papers for me to prepare just in cae !!!! have booked onto the test but its not for another month !!!!

from a very happy yet Pi**ed of person
Old Sep 7th 2009, 11:51 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WOO HOO I have a CO - Feb 09 Applicant

You may want to read your post again before complaining about having to do an english test. Nurses in Australia require a high degree of english ability, including spelling and grammar.

In answer to your questions, yes, you do need to sit the academic test and no, you won't get your money back from the first test.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

The adademic test is much harder than the general test IMO.

To be brutally honest, your written English does not appear to be of a particularly high standard and I think you need to get 8 for nursing (?). So I would definitely recommend lots of practice. There is a book available on Amazon by Peter May that comes highly recommended from other members of this forum. I only had to do the general test, but I used this book which is designed for the academic test and I thought it was difficult.

There is no chance of a refund - you took the test, had it marked so they are not going to refund you.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

sarahhartopp will become famous soon enoughsarahhartopp will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You may want to read your post again before complaining about having to do an english test. Nurses in Australia require a high degree of english ability, including spelling and grammar.

In answer to your questions, yes, you do need to sit the academic test and no, you won't get your money back from the first test.
Thank you for your some what sarcastic reply, i do not profess to be a English teacher however the fact that i finished school did a GCSE in English, completed two Diplomas at college and Graduated University all of which required me to speak read and write English. my point was i felt miffed at paying yet another £105 to prove that i can communicate, write and read English and just because somebody decided to change the rules after i had sat the test (that i passed) i lose and have to pay out more money
Old Sep 7th 2009, 12:12 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahhartopp
Thank you for your some what sarcastic reply, i do not profess to be a English teacher however the fact that i finished school did a GCSE in English, completed two Diplomas at college and Graduated University all of which required me to speak read and write English. my point was i felt miffed at paying yet another £105 to prove that i can communicate, write and read English and just because somebody decided to change the rules after i had sat the test (that i passed) i lose and have to pay out more money
My reply was not meant to be sarcastic. It's realistic. If you want to pass the academic IELTS you are going to have to have a higher degree of written english ability. In order to migrate as a nurse you have to pass the academic test.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

suziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nice

congratulations on getting a case officer
suzie
x
Old Sep 7th 2009, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
My reply was not meant to be sarcastic. It's realistic. If you want to pass the academic IELTS you are going to have to have a higher degree of written english ability. In order to migrate as a nurse you have to pass the academic test.
Ok well it did come across as sarcastic but anyway, the General test that i took back in Decemeber i got a 8.5 for my Written.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by suziegaz
congratulations on getting a case officer
suzie
x
Thank you, am happy i finally have a CO its taken 6 months, just need to get this test out of the way which is next month and then hopefully shortly afterwards they should grant me a visa !!!! WOO HOOO sunshine here we come !!!!