British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Withdraw 175 and relodge in a new category (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/withdraw-175-relodge-new-category-614005/)

flair002 Jun 9th 2009 7:11 pm

Withdraw 175 and relodge in a new category

dear friends
i have to withdraw my 175 application and relodge again in a new ACS category which will give me csl+modl (CISSP): My questions from the experts are:

1. should i withdraw 175 now before applying for my re-assesment to ACS or let my old application lodged before i get my assesment done... thats coz i dont want to lose my place in the queue in case there is a miracle and something good happens to 175 (non csl ,non modl)
2. Is it mandatory to withdraw 175 application to file a new one: for example i file my new application not as 175 but as 176 but obviously with the same passport#....then what

Ramzi Jun 9th 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Withdraw 175 and relodge in a new category

Originally Posted by flair002 (Post 7650994)
dear friends
i have to withdraw my 175 application and relodge again in a new ACS category which will give me csl+modl (CISSP): My questions from the experts are:

1. should i withdraw 175 now before applying for my re-assesment to ACS or let my old application lodged before i get my assesment done... thats coz i dont want to lose my place in the queue in case there is a miracle and something good happens to 175 (non csl ,non modl)
2. Is it mandatory to withdraw 175 application to file a new one: for example i file my new application not as 175 but as 176 but obviously with the same passport#....then what

If you intend to make an online application, the online system does not allow you to reapply without cancelling the first application. Anyway once you get the new assessment you can request for a withdrawal which normally takes about 5 days to get it done from the date you make the request...

reehan Jun 20th 2009 4:10 am

I think this is still a grey area whether an IT professional has to withdraw and lodge a new application once he/she gets new ACS assessment which is on CSL!

I have gone through different threads here, some say one has to lodge new and some say not. Can someone paste some links to authentic information that can guide which path to go?

Pollyana Jun 20th 2009 4:38 am

Originally Posted by reehan (Post 7683467)
I think this is still a grey area whether an IT professional has to withdraw and lodge a new application once he/she gets new ACS assessment which is on CSL!

I have gone through different threads here, some say one has to lodge new and some say not. Can someone paste some links to authentic information that can guide which path to go?

I suggest you contact a registered agent.

Axe Jun 20th 2009 5:13 am

Can I provide a new skills assessment?
If you obtain a new skills assessment for an occupation listed on the CSL, this can generally only be considered with a new application. You must ensure you meet the legislative criteria in place at the time of lodgement. Any new application will require a new visa application charge.

Can I withdraw my application?
If you wish to withdraw your application, you must advise the department in writing. This advice can include any number of applicants but must be signed by each person aged 18 years and over.
Applicants who wish to withdraw their application because of these processing delays will generally not be eligible for a refund of the first Visa Application Charge. This is because the legislation only allows limited circumstances in which refunds can be given.