Will we realistically get a visa????

Old Mar 25th 2009, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Sonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really nice
Default Will we realistically get a visa????

Hi all,

I know this has prob been asked a million times due to the current situation BUT, do you think in my situation we will get a visa?
We applied for 175 online in Dec 08, OH is a bricklayer! We were on CSL but are now NOT!:curse: However we are still on MODL (for now).
I understand it may take a while for visas to be processed but in peoples experiences and knowledge do you think we will EVENTUALLY get a visa?????
We cant leave until July 2010 so we are not to worried about time it takes to get one, just that i also live with my other in law as we rented out our house to save for move and DO NOT want to carry on doing it if we wont get a visa at the end!!! I need some light at the end of the tunnel!!!
Old Mar 25th 2009, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

janice1uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Will we realistically get a visa????

Originally Posted by Sonn

Hi all,

I know this has prob been asked a million times due to the current situation BUT, do you think in my situation we will get a visa?
We applied for 175 online in Dec 08, OH is a bricklayer! We were on CSL but are now NOT!:curse: However we are still on MODL (for now).
I understand it may take a while for visas to be processed but in peoples experiences and knowledge do you think we will EVENTUALLY get a visa?????
We cant leave until July 2010 so we are not to worried about time it takes to get one, just that i also live with my other in law as we rented out our house to save for move and DO NOT want to carry on doing it if we wont get a visa at the end!!! I need some light at the end of the tunnel!!!
Hi my OH is a spark so in same boat as you. We are using an agent and have been told that the difference is that our application wont get fast tracked (so to speak) but we have been told that application is still going through but will take longer so fingers crossed. We didnt want to leave Uk for a year or so. We are just waiting it out.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

badassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to all

hi we applied for a 175 bricklayer, when it was just on the modl list, a straight forward application took us 11 months to get our visas. with the new csl list applications may take longer as from what i have read the csl lot are being processed faster that everyone else. good luck to you both x
Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

scamp1976 is on a distinguished road

Economy will go back to what it was some day. Yes you will get your visa, but not within 1 year if that's what you wanted to hear. It's everyone's guess how long it will take but you can be fairly sure it will take more than 1.5 years
Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:32 pm
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of

The thing is all the occupations that have now been restricted will probably remain so for the rest of this calender year .. Going into 2010 I'm sure the US Economy will show signs of recovery and once that happens it will pick up pace through the globe... The restricted occupations (especially the ones that have just been removed from CSL) will then be severely short of manpower which means - YES there is no doubt you will reallstically get a visa.... (<-- that is what I think, I am 25 and know very little about economics apart from what I've read in magazines and online sources.)
Old Mar 25th 2009, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Sonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really nice

Thanks everyone...Its good to hear people are in the same boat and know what we are going through!
Im hoping we have it by July 2010, if that is the case we will be VERY happy! Not sure if i could cope being at mother in laws any longer than that, we will have been living here for 2 years by then!