Will visa still be valid??

Old Jan 20th 2009, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

ChickChock is a jewel in the roughChickChock is a jewel in the roughChickChock is a jewel in the roughChickChock is a jewel in the rough
Default Will visa still be valid??

the way things are going financially, we are going to be moving out to oz approx 3 years from visa grant, (but will validate in a few months). If we dont stay in oz for the required 730 days in the 5 year visa period i undertand that if we leave oz our visas will expire? what would happen regarding our kids, we have a court order which states they have to come back to england once a year, but if they did would their visas expire, and have to reapply?

and also what is an RRV, does it have an expiry time limit to it?

thanks guys x
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice
Default Re: Will visa still be valid??

Sorry I don't know the answers you are requiring but good luck and am happy to bump it up for you.

Kind regards Lou xx
Old Jan 20th 2009, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ChickChock
the way things are going financially, we are going to be moving out to oz approx 3 years from visa grant, (but will validate in a few months). If we dont stay in oz for the required 730 days in the 5 year visa period i undertand that if we leave oz our visas will expire? what would happen regarding our kids, we have a court order which states they have to come back to england once a year, but if they did would their visas expire, and have to reapply?

and also what is an RRV, does it have an expiry time limit to it?

thanks guys x
If you can show you're settled in Australia (e.g. have permanent jobs, kids in school, own a house) then you will be eligible for a RRV- though you might not get a full 5 year one initially.

A RRV is a returning resident visa, like the initial PR visa it has a time limit on how long it can be used for entering and exiting Australia, there are I believe a number of different lengths of these visas.

Last edited by hereshoping; Jan 20th 2009 at 9:52 pm. Reason: forgot to answer RRV queery
Old Jan 21st 2009, 12:41 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hereshoping
If you can show you're settled in Australia (e.g. have permanent jobs, kids in school, own a house) then you will be eligible for a RRV- though you might not get a full 5 year one initially.
"Substantial ties" are enough for a 5 year Resident Return Visa, as long as there is not an excessively long absence.

In fact that is the only real option ... the 3 month RRV has different requirements and is not a "consolation prize" for those who don't quite make the substantial ties requirement for the 5 year visa.

All explained at:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/968i.pdf