Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Will the university discloses personal information to the DIAC?

Will the university discloses personal information to the DIAC?

Old Dec 22nd 2012, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

Emily 123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will the university discloses personal information to the DIAC?

Hi

The university approved my application for reduced study load based on compassionate reasons. It contains some very personal informations. Will the university disclose these informations to DIAC when I apply for my visa extension?

Thanx
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 6:56 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will the university discloses personal information to the DIAC?

Originally Posted by Emily 123
Hi

The university approved my application for reduced study load based on compassionate reasons. It contains some very personal informations. Will the university disclose these informations to DIAC when I apply for my visa extension?

Thanx
if the uni would be asked for it, they'd of course share. DIAC is the government body after all. Whether or not they ask this type of data is another question. Talk to a MARA registered agent with experience in student visas and they should be able to tell you if you have anything to be concerned about, personal matters are not for the public forum discussions.
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will the university discloses personal information to the DIAC?

Agreed. Have these reasons stopped you attending at least 80% of your classes? They might want to know details then.

In the end though, they are just someone in an office that you will never meet. Does it matter? Anything which might affect thurther visas, such as medical issues would come up in medicals anyway. Or police issues, they would come up on police checks anyway. Anything else isn't worth worry about them knowing.
Use your energy to get through it instead.