Wikiposts

will they include this period

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:57 am
Just Joined

maliks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default will they include this period

Helloo

I got my PR in march 2006 (at that time you have to stay for 2 years to get citizenship)and i went and stayed in Australia for 6 months ( July - December 2006) . Then I came back to my country and stayed for about 6 months (got married in the mean time and applied for my wife's visa) now we both are leaving need to know that will that 6 months which i stayed there will be included in my 2 years

Will appreciate your reply

regards
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:45 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: will they include this period

Originally Posted by maliks
Helloo

I got my PR in march 2006 (at that time you have to stay for 2 years to get citizenship)and i went and stayed in Australia for 6 months ( July - December 2006) . Then I came back to my country and stayed for about 6 months (got married in the mean time and applied for my wife's visa) now we both are leaving need to know that will that 6 months which i stayed there will be included in my 2 years
Under the 2 year rule, which still applies to you until 30 June 2010 - no, it won't,
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:12 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Under the 2 year rule, which still applies to you until 30 June 2010 - no, it won't,
Dont you mean it will?

Bit of a badly phrased question but he seems to fall into the old 2 out of 5 rule so the 6 months spent in Austraila from july to december 06 will still be valid in July 2010
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:10 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex_exile
Dont you mean it will?

Bit of a badly phrased question but he seems to fall into the old 2 out of 5 rule so the 6 months spent in Austraila from july to december 06 will still be valid in July 2010
I should have been more clear. The time in Australia will count under the 2 years in 5 rule (there is also a 12 months in 2 year rule to be observed). However bear in mind that application for citizenship under these rules must be made before 30 June 2010.